the updated october calander (1 Viewer)

kevin from buffalo

SR is my life!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we had a cat named austin but he passed many years ago..me and the girl i met years ago..decades ago..actually in 1985..we would have bought him a few jim dandy things but he would be about 22 now..it's on the 29th. tough to figure out why vegetarian and world food day would be in the same month...

i hate celery and i hated digging a small hole for my orange tabby.we buried him in a old mickey mouse towel we got from disney land..actually..i buried him in a little bit of drizzling rain but it felt like it was pouring out.

i think i might have a few big macs on vegetarian day

for world food day..i really think we/i might go for some sort of german dish since we also have german day on the official site as well.im thinking brats,sauerkraut ..boiled potatoes..german potato pancakes..is anybody german on here..what do you eat?

anyway..this is the new updated day by day for next month

plan ahead

October 2016 Calendar with Holidays - United States

Potato pancakes with applesauce. My mom made the best potato pancakes. She would spend quite some time peeling and grating the potatoes by hand as this was before food processors, then adding egg, and frying them up in lard. We would make a meal of them.

We had her write down how she made them, but she didn't have a recipe she followed.

Thanks for bringing that up. Nobody else in the family can make them like she could, it's just not the same. We found a restaurant in Fort Myer's Beach once a few years ago, a little family owned German place, that came the closest. I took a picture and texted it to my brothers and sister, they all agreed they looked like Mom's.

Potato pancakes with applesauce. My mom made the best potato pancakes. She would spend quite some time peeling and grating the potatoes by hand as this was before food processors, then adding egg, and frying them up in lard. We would make a meal of them.

We had her write down how she made them, but she didn't have a recipe she followed.

Thanks for bringing that up. Nobody else in the family can make them like she could, it's just not the same. We found a restaurant in Fort Myer's Beach once a few years ago, a little family owned German place, that came the closest. I took a picture and texted it to my brothers and sister, they all agreed they looked like Mom's.
nothing like moms cooking..my mom was the same in the kitchen...applesauce on potato pancakes..wow..sounds unique..i will try that.

i forgot the fact that sometimes when i order a fish fry up here i get a side of german potato salad..i love vinegar..last place i went to with the bride had some brown sugar in..kind of like a sweet and sour taste...i like it..

props to your mom for working it in the kitchen and feeding you kids well.

p.s.-my mom never left a recipe book of cards either...i think it's cool how they would kind of just "do it". kind of like some brain science going on i guess

peace brother... and i will try the potato pancakes with applesauce sometime soon

eat well....

I found this interview pretty fascinating the other day. Would be worth a listening again for mental health day

Xavier Le Pichon

pretty interesting perspective that the mentally ill actually have an important role in society and I believe he is on to something.

we had a cat named austin but he passed many years ago..me and the girl i met years ago..decades ago..actually in 1985..we would have bought him a few jim dandy things but he would be about 22 now..it's on the 29th. tough to figure out why vegetarian and world food day would be in the same month...

i hate celery and i hated digging a small hole for my orange tabby.we buried him in a old mickey mouse towel we got from disney land..actually..i buried him in a little bit of drizzling rain but it felt like it was pouring out.

for world food day..i really think we/i might go for some sort of german dish since we also have german day on the official site as well.im thinking brats,sauerkraut ..boiled potatoes..german potato pancakes..is anybody german on here..what do you eat?

plan ahead

Sorry for your loss.

Buried a dog yesterday. Wasn't my dog, and I was glad to see him go. He was my aunts dog, and she loved him. He was trained by Kinky Freedman (if you don't know him, look him up) and was three legged because he met a hungry alligator. He was trained to sense when a person was about to have a seizure.. my younger cousin had seizures so a friend of a friend contacted Kinky and he had the perfect dog. It was delivered free of charge and he did his job, before she went into seizure he wouls start dragging her down to the floor to lay down, then start barking to alert her mother. My younger cousin is now a heroin addict in and out of jail. Our pets at times become so interweaved in our lives. I'm drunk so forgive me.

I'm so grateful to know all of you. You guys are the best. Queuing up the program now, Zack.

Buried a dog yesterday. Wasn't my dog, and I was glad to see him go. He was my aunts dog, and she loved him. He was trained by Kinky Freedman (if you don't know him, look him up) and was three legged because he met a hungry alligator. He was trained to sense when a person was about to have a seizure.. my younger cousin had seizures so a friend of a friend contacted Kinky and he had the perfect dog. It was delivered free of charge and he did his job, before she went into seizure he wouls start dragging her down to the floor to lay down, then start barking to alert her mother. My younger cousin is now a heroin addict in and out of jail. Our pets at times become so interweaved in our lives. I'm drunk so forgive me.

Would be it okay if we asked you to always be drunk when you post?

plan ahead

My next vacation I want to go to Buffalo. It will never be the same when me and you are done Kevin.

My next vacation I want to go to Buffalo. It will never be the same when me and you are done Kevin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ux8KLx1veDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Kevin's threads. They are so fluid and thought-provoking. I never know how to respond, but I appreciate every single one. Cheers, to all of you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom