the upside of sean payton... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
if mike tomlin kicks extra points instead of those 2 botched two-point conversions, the jaguars are kicking that field goal to TIE, not win....

anyone else remember how frustrating it was to be down in the playoffs by 8 to the eagles last year, and see payton take the 1 sure point after we scored?

but it did work out... in a game like this, every point mattered...

i won't defend some of payton's mistakes, but when he is right, he looks as smart as anyone in the league...

Big difference though. If I recall correctly we scored right after Westbrooks long TD run and there was lots of time left in the game, plus our offense had been able to move the ball on the Eagles for the most part.

The Steelers weren't moving the ball at all on the Jaguars and were down by 3 scores. All we needed was a field goal and even if we gave up a score we could still tie if we scored another TD and then went for two.

Going for two at both times was right. What could be questioned though is still going for two from the 12 yard line on the first one after the penalty. Maybe you kick it in that situation.

I thought in the 2nd half Pitt was moving the ball at will. Should have kicked extra points.

Thing is if you do something different,the course of the game is different so you never know what wouldve happened.

Thing is if you do something different,the course of the game is different so you never know what wouldve happened.

Agreed, anyone that watches Star Trek knows that. :ezbill:

Payton needs to play a little bit more conservitavely, but I guess he doesn't have enough confidence in the defense.

I hope Payton settles down next year. I hope he plays like a seasoned head coach that has enough sense to rein in the over-aggressive young OC within him.

Jacksonville could've scored a TD on that last drive if they'd wanted. Nice seeing the "terrible towels" get packed away early....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom