The value of Fred Thomas -or- The Truth by TPS :) (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
For everyone calling for Fred Thomas' head last week, don't forget he's a monster in run support. We missed him yesterday on the edge. He's gotten beat on a few long TD's this year (he's kind of a small guy), but he's a solid tackler. He's currently 4th on the team with 39 total tackles (33 solo). So for those who were calling for his head, I think you see what you get when our Nickel CB is starting.

Bring back Fred Thomas!

Also, I think the absence of the inactive Steve Gleason hurt us on Special Teams.

Also, it's obvious from the "cut Copper posts", that we need Joe Horn back. Drew Brees said on the radio this morning that they think Joe will be back next week. We're going to need him.

Get well soon guys.

TPS

For everyone calling for Fred Thomas' head last week, don't forget he's a monster in run support. We missed him yesterday on the edge. He's gotten beat on a few long TD's this year (he's kind of a small guy), but he's a solid tackler. He's currently 4th on the team with 39 total tackles (33 solo). So for those who were calling for his head, I think you see what you get when our Nickel CB is starting.

Bring back Fred Thomas!

Also, I think the absence of the inactive Steve Gleason hurt us on Special Teams.

Also, it's obvious from the "cut Copper posts", that we need Joe Horn back. Drew Brees said on the radio this morning that they think Joe will be back next week. We're going to need him.

Get well soon guys.

TPS

Fred Thomas has only given up 1 big play. He gives up a bunch of 7-10 yard passing plays but rarely gets beat deep. We missed him badly yesterday and there is no doubt in my mind that we win that game with a healthy Thomas.

This is what I have been saying all along Thomas isn't great but Craft is HORRIBLE

Last week, the Saints played without starters and didn't miss a beat. This week, I found myself missing Thomas, Horn AND Gleason.

Injuries take their toll as the season goes on. With Horn, Thomas, Gleason, and Harper out it showed. It's hard to replace very good players.

Hope they come back ASAP and Harper rebounds next season.

Craft certainly is not Thomas, but I am surprised that there has not been more talk of how poorly our safeties have been playing in coverage. Bullocks is late on almost every play it seems (he always is caught looking into the backfield) and Stoutmire plays so close to the line, he is almost a non-factor in coverage.

No doubt! I think he would have made a difference against those 70+yd runs.

Harper is very very good in coverage as well. I hope the Silent Assassin makes it back for the rest of the season, as he was sorely missed yesterday. Good call by the ToPicStarter.

>>Good call by the ToPicStarter.

Nice one slick. Bring back Fast Freddie!

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom