The verdict is in , its Bruce Arians (1 Viewer)

Winston could not have done worse than Tom Terrific, especially that second half. Some horrific throws. The Bucs are simply not scary. They exposed the Packers but other than that, there has been nothing to deserve their hype. At all.
Heck, the Winston Bucs put 55 on this same Rams team last season.

So far, Dennis Allen seems to be the only DC who can utterly dismantle Arians's system. The defensive calls in the second game were masterful.

I think it is both on Brady and Arians. Contrary to the media belief, Brady is not god of all things quarterback. Bellicheat knew how to use Brady’s strengths and called the game to fit Brady. Arians calls the game to fit Arians style, not Brady’s skills.
This.

Brady will probably finish with 16 INT with better weapons and a 2 legit pro bowl running backs makes you wonder how bad Winston really is

The man has more weapons than the starters for the AFC pro bowl at his disposal.
Arguably the greatest of all time at QB , a Buzzsaw of a defense ... And fails.

It definitely wasn't Jameis. Wow

Coaching counts.

Arians is the Greg Williams of offense. He can make you look good when things go your way but you are going to get burned eventually.

You still have 4 prior years to evaluate Jameis before Arians though.

BA = Mike Martz?
I don't think so. Martz passed the ball all the time but he wasn't chucking the darn thing downfield every other play. I read somewhere that Martz took all the third-down plays from an early playbook and devised his entire offense from them. He was more about precision and accuracy. I honestly have no earthly idea what Arians is doing with his gameplans. But if you play qb for Bruce, you WILL have a high interception percentage. No matter who you are.

Hasn’t this been the case with Tampa for the past 7 years or so? Wildly talented. Early or mid season win streak followed by a skid that usually ends their seasons hopes. A big win at the end that gets them thinking next year is the year.

One poster here on SR called Brady "heavy legged" and I find that description of him to be most accurate.

The one and only play from last night's game I happened to see was Brady doing a 3-step drop back, plant both feet, stand there surveying the field, and then -BAM- a DT plants Tom into the turf back-first. I chuckled a bit then kept on channel surfing.

I was going to start my own thread but since you already started this .....

hypothetically drew Brees retires Tom Brady comes to saints as was rumored.. I am willing to bet Brady would have done well under payton why? Like Brees payton knows the strengths of his qbs Brees only really throws short to mid level passes and Brady would be doing the same.. Arians tries to force the deep pass too much and Brees would not be the qb he is under Payton either imo.

Last edited:
A 40+ yr old QB needs a consistent running game. A consistent running game needs a stout O-line and a coach that can and will run the ball.
Throwing 48 passes in a game that was close from start to finish, and running the ball 18 times is NOT the how you do that.
Next week will probably we worse.

The offensive scheme is designed to push the ball down the field. At his age, Brady can't do it. Payton is smart enough to adjust the scheme to what his players can do. Arians not so much.

I agree. At this point in Brady's career it's a foolish game plan to drop back and chuck it over and over. Can you imagine Bree's in Arian's offense? It's circles in squares and very poor coaching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom