the VG board football thread (8 Viewers)

Yep. I used to do that too until I cut the cord and have to watch live now.

But its much better to be on an hour delay, although you catch up by the end of half time since there is about an hour+ worth of commercials in each half.

"Don't text me during a game, brah, I am hour behind."

Who is they?

Owners, team offices, players? the NFL league office?

I rather enjoy football, I don't want to watch it burn.

All of them really. But mostly the owners, league office, and the networks. The NFL game has become homogenized. The uniforms must comply with league rules, everyone basically runs the same plays, the refs/league office control games, the broadcasts are vanilla, they pretend to care about cancer and veterans, etc. It's all just turned into a reality TV show with strict uniforms.

If I want to really watch football, I watch the college game. Which is headed the same direction but isn't there yet. I the only NFL games I watch are Saints games.

i have been recording the games and starting them about an hour or so after the actual start...it's pretty nice fast-forwarding through all of the commercials, sideline reports, injury ads, and other bs...

The injury ads are my new favorite thing. They apparently weren't making enough money off of commercials so they found a way to make more commercial money and pretend that they actually care about the players.

The injury ads are my new favorite thing. They apparently weren't making enough money off of commercials so they found a way to make more commercial money and pretend that they actually care about the players.

Last week
This concussion brought to you by Lowes.

This week
Zach Miller almost died brought to you by Lowes.

I laugh every ******* time.

Last week

This week

I think they need a better sponsor. Maybe they can get Aflac to sponsor the injuries or maybe Allstate's Mr. Mayhem.

Last week

This week

This concussion brought to you by Lowes. Where we also bring the Lumber.

@Bills and @Rams are the only 2 tests left on the schedule. The rest are EZ Game EZ Life. 12-4 is worst case scenario, IMO.

This isn't like baseball, right? Where you don't talk about the.... you know.

The second they started talking about zero turnovers a couple weeks ago we turned the ball over... sooooooooo yea.... and its fight club where you don't talk about the... you know.

@Bills and @Rams are the only 2 tests left on the schedule. The rest are EZ Game EZ Life. 12-4 is worst case scenario, IMO.

I agree.

I do think Carolina, despite being bad, still has a lot more wins than I thought. And Atlanta has given us fits the last few years. But I think the Rams - the sudden offensive juggernaut - will be out Defense's biggest test.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom