N/S The Vikings Are In The Wrong Side Of History (1 Viewer)

Explains why their fans are so bitter and whinny.
Lol no doubt. All that success and an empty trophy case. I'd be salty too. And then having a franchise like the Saints beat you to go the Super Bowl and then win it, lol. Perfect.

At least with the Saints we never really got our hopes up. Had a good run with The Dome Patrol and the year Haslett let the dogs out but little else. So for the Vikings to have so much regular season success all these years and get their hopes up only to come up short every year, ouch.

Lol no doubt. All that success and an empty trophy case. I'd be salty too. And then having a franchise like the Saints beat you to go the Super Bowl and then win it, lol. Perfect.

At least with the Saints we never really got our hopes up. Had a good run with The Dome Patrol and the year Haslett let the dogs out but little else. So for the Vikings to have so much regular season success all these years and get their hopes up only to come up short every year, ouch.
Yeah that's always my response when any Vikings fan comes at me with their recent history of beating us in the playoffs. "Still ain't win s*** so what's it matter? Remember that time we beat you and then won a SB?"

Explains why their fans are so bitter and whinny.
They would swear up and down that we “cheated” them out of their most promising chance in 2009.

It wasn’t as if they lost that game because of multiple unforced turnovers and Brett Favre doing the most Brett Favre thing ever. Nope, it was the non-existent bounties that did it.

I always argue that God reached out of the heavens and blessed them in 2017 with the Minneapolis Miracle.

But they went and got pummeled 31-7 the next week by Philly. Way to go Vikings.

They would swear up and down that we “cheated” them out of their most promising chance in 2009.

It wasn’t as if they lost that game because of multiple unforced turnovers and Brett Favre doing the most Brett Favre thing ever. Nope, it was the non-existent bounties that did it.

I always argue that God reached out of the heavens and blessed them in 2017 with the Minneapolis Miracle.

that's when you come back with "Brett Favre cheated the state of MS out of a million dollars sooo"

This is the Viking way. Beat the Saints in the playoffs, get embarrassed the next week.

2000, 2017 and 2019 come to mind. I think it happened in 87 but that was a couple years before I started watching football

This is the Viking way. Beat the Saints in the playoffs, get embarrassed the next week.

2000, 2017 and 2019 come to mind. I think it happened in 87 but that was a couple years before I started watching football
In '87 I'm pretty sure they won the game after they beat us but then lost in the NFCCG.

It’s funny you mention the Haslett “swamp dogs”. My father and I took my oldest son to the raiders game that year. He lov d it when that would play that song(he was 8). There were three Raiders fans in the terrace seats with us. When they began to pull away they kept saying where’s that defense. When we would stop them my father would let them know there it is.

Finally after they continued to heckle the saints fans around them an usher showed up, asked to see there tickets and told them “ oh no sweety your seats are up there “ pointing to the upper corner of the end zone.

Needless to say this story ends with my son making a paper airplane out of his swamp dog “poster” and actually making almost to the raiders sideline.

But I digress

In '87 I'm pretty sure they won the game after they beat us but then lost in the NFCCG.
They did. They actually crushed the 13-2 Niners in Candlestick. It was the first time Walsh ever benched Montana.

The next week they were a dropped pass by Darren Nelson from, I believe, beating the Redskins.

Kind of mind-blowing that, in spite of nearly 20 years ruling the AFC east, the Patriots are only ahead of the Dolphins by one one-hundreth of a percent.

I’d say it was all worth it for ‘09. The Super Bowl, the win against the Vikings, and the meltdown in Minnesota.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom