The Waffle House Thread. (1 Viewer)

the coffee at WH is allsome....and i am not a big coffee drinker

We evacuated to Jackson, Tn. during Hurricane Ivan. We ate at a waffle house there and was treated the same way. The staff couldn't do enough for us. There are great people in Jackson, Tn., and those poor folks have endured several devastating tornados. One just recently. yet, they show concern for others. :worthy:

I've eaten at Waffle House dozens of times and I still don't know what it tastes like sober.

My bravest moment at Waffle House? I once ordered the "steak" and eggs. Awesome if your idea of steak is grissle and fat.

It's hard for me to believe that there are no Waffle Houses in Kenner, Metairie or somewhere on the West Bank.

It's hard for me to believe that there are no Waffle Houses in Kenner, Metairie or somewhere on the West Bank.

I heard that the founders of Waffle House had moral issues with the Greater New Orleans area and wouldn't let a restaurant go there.

No joke. It wasn't exactly from a reputable source; just a former Waffle House employee.

I mean, they are everywhere else, about a mile apart from each other.

Da Parish has one. its only 2 months old, and its already a mess, like a good Waffle House should be. its right across the street from my shop, and i go there at least 3 times a week.

I heard that the founders of Waffle House had moral issues with the Greater New Orleans area and wouldn't let a restaurant go there.

No joke. It wasn't exactly from a reputable source; just a former Waffle House employee.

I mean, they are everywhere else, about a mile apart from each other.

I heard that too.

I also heard that it wasn't the founders but the guy who bought the franchise rights for SE Louisiana. The one in Mandeville was always pretty good.

When I was in college, in Marshall TX. There was an all you can eat waffle house at the interstate exit. $4,99 ALL YOU CAN EAT. I would go at 10:00 at night with all my school books and study until 1:00 am I would usually eat 3 quarterpounders with cheese a patty melt
a bacon sandwich a sausage sandwich and a pecan waffle. The price (probably because my cousin and I) went up every year until it was $12.99. That's when I started going to the mom and pop diner across the street.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom