The Warriors to be made into a new movie... (1 Viewer)

The Silence of the Lambs was actually the second go round of that book...the first one was called Manhunter or something (this is all secondhand info). If true, I would say SOL wins

Manhunter is based on Harris' earlier book - Red Dragon - and stars William Petersen. Some of the characters are the same, but no Claris Starling.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/

Also a great book, BTW.

4 books in that series:

1. Red Dragon
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Hannibal
4. Hannibal Rising

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/thomas-harris/

Last edited:
The Warriors was/is my favorite movie of all time!
IT would be great if they make another one.I will watch it,Now that i got a psII,gotta git the game Warriors!

How do I not know this movie? Is it some crappy crapola of crapiness like Clockwork Orange that people claim to have enjoyed because they think it's uncool to admit it's crap? Or is it a real movie that I should watch?

Any movie that seriously calls a gang's war leader Swan and is dead serious about this dude supposedly being a hard *** is awesome imo.

Don't mess with the Orphans beyotch.

What's with Hollywood coming out with all of the remakes the last decade or so?

It's like every movie is:

1) A remake;
2) Generic action with Harrison Ford/Younger substitute
3) Teen sex/toilet comedy, or
4) Another crappy Adam Sandler flick.

Any movie that seriously calls a gang's war leader Swan and is dead serious about this dude supposedly being a hard *** is awesome imo.

Don't mess with the Orphans beyotch.

paradi14.jpg

Great movie - and there's no way a remake would touch the original.

Nothing says lame like hollywoods current era of remakes. im sure this one will fit the biil as well.

The Warriors=all time classic.

---------------------------------------

Clack - Clack - Clack - Clack -

Warriors..... come out to play-e-ay

Warriors..... come out to plaayy-e-ayyy

Warriers..... come out to PLAY-E-AAAYYY

warriors_main.gif

IMO having the Warriors remake in L.A. won't be as cool. NY just has the right kind of vibe for that type of movie although as much as they've cleaned up Manhattan it's hard to imagine roving gangs anywhere on the island. But I still thought it was cool that they had to go from the Bronx to Coney Island, which really is a long way if you've ever been there.

How do I not know this movie? Is it some crappy crapola of crapiness like Clockwork Orange that people claim to have enjoyed because they think it's uncool to admit it's crap? Or is it a real movie that I should watch?

You're not the only one. I do not know it either. I was feeling really stupid like I "should" know until I saw your post. Thanks! *lol*

Why not have it set in San Fran and make it a musical with Nathan Lane as Swan, Richard Simmons as Luther and Dennis D Young as Cyrus?

Just say No to remakes

NM, I probably won't watch the new one:

The Warriors is being remade by MTV Productions in conjunction with Paramount Pictures. This movie isn't strictly a remake since it is going to be set in Los Angeles in 2006 and none of the characters or gangs from the original movie will be in it. Yes that's right, no Ajax, no Swan, no Orphans or Baseball Furies! In fact the only similarities with the original movie are the title, the name of The Warriors gang, and the basic plot. Rumour has it that Cyrus will still be the name of the guy who called the meeting. Expect the movie to be released some time in 2006.

Link

hows this for a sequel title,ajax's revenge. The dude really gets a bad rap, don't forget the cuffs and the knife in the back. oh well, just watched it again, figured for a sequel they could have ajax get out of jail and go find his old "pals" on the beach, sure would be interesting, no.

i havent seen it in a while...ima watch it again tonight....i first watched it with my dad like 10 years ago or so...and it grew to be one of my favorite movies....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom