The Warriors to be made into a new movie... (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were talking about it. Apparently the movie will not be a retro-remake and take place in Los Angeles rather than New York City. Tony Scott is trying to recruit actual gang members to Long Beach for the eventual filming. No word on the release date yet.

comeoutToPlay-ayS

I am predicting horrible failure.
The first one is near perfect in it's kitsch, and it's stylization. My guess is that this one will be many times more expensive and a million times less imaginative.

Come out and play-eee-yay!!!!

I don't care where they set it or if it is a strict remake versus a new version but they absolutely must keep the concept of the "theme gangs", like the Furies. If they do it, I'm up for a new version.

If they try to make the gangs more "realistic" looking (like the depictions in just about every other gang movie), that's too boring for me, count me out.

warriors is a good movie, wouldnt be as good remade, the wanderers is good as well

I will see it. It probably won't be as good as the first but it might be if it has an contemporary update.

How do I not know this movie? Is it some crappy crapola of crapiness like Clockwork Orange that people claim to have enjoyed because they think it's uncool to admit it's crap? Or is it a real movie that I should watch?

How do I not know this movie? Is it some crappy crapola of crapiness like Clockwork Orange that people claim to have enjoyed because they think it's uncool to admit it's crap? Or is it a real movie that I should watch?

It is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I have seen it. Here is a wikipedia entry for it. I highly recommend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors

Awesome movie! It's not some pretentious BS like Clockwork Orange...the Warriors is pure extreme late 70's cheese. It doesn't even pretend to have any artistic value...just lots of cool settings and fights.

If you like movies with an overarching theme and a meaningful message that you will resonate over time...rent Casablanca.

If you want to turn your brain off for 90 minutes and have a good time...buy the Warriors (you might as well buy it from the get go, because you'll want to after you see it).

if you are interested in someone getting a bat stuffed up their a** and becoming a popsicle, this is the movie you need to see.

>>How do I not know this movie?

Maybe you're not a man? Or maybe you were like 2 or 3 when it came out?

:shrug:

TPS

This is one of those movies that should just be left alone. Some things shouldn't be tampered with.

I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were talking about it. Apparently the movie will not be a retro-remake and take place in Los Angeles rather than New York City. Tony Scott is trying to recruit actual gang members to Long Beach for the eventual filming. No word on the release date yet.

comeoutToPlay-ayS

:wallA: <---------- artists rendition of directors chair...

A year or so ago, I'm in the Italian Pie on Coursey Blvd. in BR waiting for my to go order. There are several workers at or around the counter area. They are all high school or college age. The girl harshly asks on of the guys if he keeps taking her pen.

Response (in whiny voice): "It wasn't me. The Warriors did it!"

It took a second for it to click, and then I busted out laughing. Nobody else had any idea what he was talking about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom