The Warriors to be made into a new movie... (1 Viewer)

this makes me wonder if in 25 years, some lame director will decide to remake some of my favorite movies.....probably so...and they will probably suck

When has a remake ever been as good as the original?

isn't scarface a remake of an old gangster flick??? i have never seen the original, but the 80's one is pretty darned good

Put these on your X-Mas lists.

Warriors action figures!

The%20Warriors%20Action%20Figures.jpg

http://www.diamondcomics.com/toychest/toys/02_05/15_warriors.htm

I'll give the new movie a shot, but the original was kinda a product of the times. I'm not sure that a remake, no matter how well done, could ever have the impact of the original. Especially if they do away with the costumed gang concept and go more "authentic".

By the way, the book, written by Sol Yurick, from which the movie originated, is a recommended read as well.

Last edited:
baseballfuries02.jpg

Oh, and if you thing Clockwork Orange is bad, you really are pretty lame.
Maybe you'll get lucky and Smokey and the Bandit 12 will come out.

I'm holding out for Cannonball Run 3 so they can finally complete the trilogy.

baseballfuries02.jpg

Holy crap! I need to get down to the video store ASAP! Somehow, a whole bunch of Smokey and the Bandit (SATB to us fans) films have gotten past me.

baseballfuries02.jpg

Actually, that's the class of movie I put Clockwork Orange in. It's just a bad version of a stoners movie. It was created for the sole pupose of making people tripping on acid say "Oooh, trippy". Well, it didn't work. I wasn't tripping but I was definitley stoned the first time I watched it and I hated it. I tried again years later but it apparently gets worse with age.

Actually, that's the class of movie I put Clockwork Orange in. It's just a bad version of a stoners movie. It was created for the sole pupose of making people tripping on acid say "Oooh, trippy". Well, it didn't work. I wasn't tripping but I was definitley stoned the first time I watched it and I hated it. I tried again years later but it apparently gets worse with age.

If you really think that movie was made just to have hippies stare and say, "oooooh... the colors...", then you really aren't getting it.
I'm not very good at figuring out what movies are trying to say most of the time, but that one is so obvious that it's ridiculous.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dmccarthy/dmccarthy12.html

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Alex is not only deprived of the capacity to choose to commit evil. A lover of music, he has responded to the music, used as a heightener of emotion, which has accompanied the violent films he has been made to see. A chemical substance injected into his blood induces nausea while he is watching the films, but the nausea is also associated with the music. It was not the intention of his State manipulators to induce this bonus or malus: it is purely an accident that, from now on, he will automatically react to Mozart or Beethoven as he will to rape or murder. The State has succeeded in its primary aim: to deny Alex free moral choice, which, to the State, means choice of evil. But it has added an unforseen punishment: the gates of heaven are closed to the boy, since music is a figure of celestial bliss. The State has committed a double sin: it has destroyed a human being, since humanity is defined by freedom of moral choice; it has also destroyed an angel. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"The novel has not been well understood. Readers, and viewers of the film made from the book, have assumed that I, a most unviolent man, am in love with violence. I am not, but I am committed to freedom of choice, which means that if I cannot choose to do evil nor can I choose to do good. It is better to have our streets infested with murderous young hoodlums than to deny individual freedom of choice. This is a hard thing to say, but the saying of it was imposed on me by the moral tradition which, as a member of western civilization, I inherit. Whatever the conditions needful for the sustention of society, the basic human endowment must not be denied. The evil, or merely wrong, products of free will may be punished or held off with deterrents, but the faculty itself may not be removed. The unintended destruction of Alex’s capacity for enjoying music symbolizes the State’s imperfect understanding (or volitional ignorance) of the whole nature of man, and of the consequences of its own decisions. We may not be able to trust man – meaning ourselves – very far, but we must trust the State far less."[/FONT]​

in the city, great tune, I liked the movie(actually own it on DVD), has a definate late 70's feel, not sure If a remake would fly.

If you really think that movie was made just to have hippies stare and say, "oooooh... the colors...", then you really aren't getting it.
I'm not very good at figuring out what movies are trying to say most of the time, but that one is so obvious that it's ridiculous.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dmccarthy/dmccarthy12.html

yeah, the book is pretty amazing. i like the movie simply because it brought a lot of things to life that, at first or second read, are hard to visualize in the book. stanley kubrick did add his odd sense of style to the movie, which is why people either love it or hate it.

When has a remake ever been as good as the original?

The Silence of the Lambs was actually the second go round of that book...the first one was called Manhunter or something (this is all secondhand info). If true, I would say SOL wins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom