The way I feel now about our loss to Carolina will be nothing... (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The way I feel now about our loss to Carolina will be nothing compared to how I'm going to feel if the Houston Texans take them apart this Thursday Night.
Don't get me wrong, I want the Panthers to lose. But if the Texans have a cakewalk against them, I will know that our loss on Sunday is much worse than it originally appeared.
Just WIN Houston... but please don't make it look too easy. :covri:

They may have had a chance with Tyrod. Davis Mills is probably going to throw them a couple in his first career start.

We were awful all day on Offence and almost got back in it -that’s how good CAR can manage a game at 17-0 at HT
They are sheet -but probably still better than the Texans😳

I’m chalking it up to down 8 coaches and 8-9 starters. Wish they were competitive yest. But missing that many important ppl. I’ll take the loss

just get healthy.
Your simple explanation is why I haven't gone 'postal' about the loss.
But that could change if the Texans romp over Carolina this Thursday night.

Bill you’ve been watching football long enough to know that it’s dangerous to try to correlate outcomes of games from week to week. I know we place these high expectations on our team and that’s fine, but at some point, I think we have to consider what they’ve dealt with over the last few weeks. They’re human.
Anyway, I don’t think the Texans will beat the Panthers in cakewalk fashion, if they win at all.

Your simple explanation is why I haven't gone 'postal' about the loss.
But that could change if the Texans romp over Carolina this Thursday night.
It won’t bother me either way. If we get somewhat healthy and all
Coaches back this Sunday and still play that terrible. Then I’ll be worried. Right now I’m living in fantasy land or it’s the injuries and coaches being out fault

As fans, it is fun to be fans. That said, in terms of expectations, I fully expected there to be games like the one the Saints had against Carolina. I had the Saints pegged as a 10-12 win and a wildcard type team. An outside chance to be division champs if they gel quickly on offense.

Yesterday was nothing more than a speedbump in a transition year going from the best pure passer in NFL history and first ballot Hall of Famer to what will hopefully be a redemption story at QB.

The 0 and whatever Rams beat us in 2011, a week after we scored 62 against the Colts.

I am amazed that people who have supposedly watched this sport for decades still seem to forget every season that it's essentially a week-to-week league.

Bill you’ve been watching football long enough to know that it’s dangerous to try to correlate outcomes of games from week to week. I know we place these high expectations on our team and that’s fine, but at some point, I think we have to consider what they’ve dealt with over the last few weeks. They’re human.
Anyway, I don’t think the Texans will beat the Panthers in cakewalk fashion, if they win at all.
Of course it's dangerous, but people do it all the time. Even the so-called experts give consideration to upsets & blowout wins (& losses) when they are making their picks & rankings each week. And usually if a huge underdog has a dominating win, they don't assume that underdog has suddenly become a contender. Instead they generally see it to mean that the favorite is not what everyone considered them to be. We didn't just lose to Carolina... we got completely ripped from stem to stern. If the Texans do the same to them just 4 days later, I think there is legitimate reason for Saints fans to be concerned.

Carolina were actively trying to score more points deep into the game, and used all of their starters throughout, didn't even rest McCaffrey who's touches they allegedly planned to manage. If they lose to the Texans on a short week it'll be because they spent all their energy beating up on us despite knowing they had a short week. Definitely understand prioritizing a divisional game over a non-conference game, definitely do not understand slamming your best player into a wall repeatedly deep into garbage time.

They wanted to make a statement, and they did. We made a similar statement last weekend, albeit out of division, and then laid an egg and that was with a full week of preparation (albeit augmented for various reasons). I fully expect Houston to give Carolina a very close game and wouldn't be surprised if they won at all, and the only impact it will have on the Saints if they do win is handing the division opponent that just beat us a loss.

The way I feel now about our loss to Carolina will be nothing compared to how I'm going to feel if the Houston Texans take them apart this Thursday Night.
Don't get me wrong, I want the Panthers to lose. But if the Texans have a cakewalk against them, I will know that our loss on Sunday is much worse than it originally appeared.
Just WIN Houston... but please don't make it look too easy. :covri:
I’m other words, don’t make us feel how we made the Packers feel this week. Our game had to be a second gut punch for them.

I think some of you are fooling yourselves. :hihi:
No one can tell me they will feel exactly the same about the Saints loss to Carolina if the Texans manage to whoop 'em badly on TNF.
No one is going to simply write it off as the Panthers just wanting to beat the Saints more than the Texans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom