The way I feel now about our loss to Carolina will be nothing... (1 Viewer)

It won't bother me one bit. We were down several starters and coaches, and we are still displaced due to Hurricane Ida. I think we have to cut these guys some slack. That week 1 victory was miraculous. Let our guys heal and get back to SOMETHING resembling full strength. I love this team, more than any other team in sports. I am heavily emotionally involved with them but right now things are difficult and just making things competitive is a major accomplishment.

I’m chalking it up to down 8 coaches and 8-9 starters. Wish they were competitive yest. But missing that many important ppl. I’ll take the loss

just get healthy.
I don't understand how anyone could see it differently, tbh. Sure, they're professionals, "next-man-up" etc. but if we're actually being rational/logical, we should all have arrived at that same conclusion.

Neither is 100% accurate but sure, let's weigh our judgments not by a 5TD, 2INT, 35 point differential performance at full strength against a SB contender, but instead, by a loss without 8 coaches or 8-9 starters playing against a division opponent.

Because yea, that makes the most sense 😏

I don't understand how anyone could see it differently, tbh. Sure, they're professionals, "next-man-up" etc. but if we're actually being rational/logical, we should all have arrived at that same conclusion.

Neither is 100% accurate but sure, let's weigh our judgments not by a 5TD, 2INT, 35 point differential performance at full strength against a SB contender, but instead, by a loss without 8 coaches or 8-9 starters playing against a division opponent.

Because yea, that makes the most sense 😏
I'm going to be very curious to see how many of our Predict The Score contestants took all that "rational/logical" evidence and picked the Panthers to win... and to do so in such a dominant fashion. It's easy to say that it was to be expected when very few (if any) truly expected it. :unsure:

I think some of you are fooling yourselves. :hihi:
No one can tell me they will feel exactly the same about the Saints loss to Carolina if the Texans manage to whoop 'em badly on TNF.
No one is going to simply write it off as the Panthers just wanting to beat the Saints more than the Texans.
Bill, honestly I don’t read into like that. I look at matchups week to week, and there are teams that are a good or bad matchup for us based on strengths and weaknesses. I’m not making any excuses for yesterday, but I am also taking into account who was missing and the circumstances surrounding the Saints location, living arrangements, etc. Hopefully, we bounce back this weekend.

I'm going to be very curious to see how many of our Predict The Score contestants took all that "rational/logical" evidence and picked the Panthers to win... and to do so in such a dominant fashion. It's easy to say that it was to be expected when very few (if any) truly expected it. :unsure:
Hope and optimism.

I'd hope that as fans, we'd be able to muster up some of it. Doing so is both rational and logical, and I'd think qualifiers, for being a fan.

But I obviously can't speak for everyone.

Hope and optimism.

I'd hope that as fans, we'd be able to muster up some of it. Doing so is both rational and logical, and I'd think qualifiers for being a fan.
Maybe I'm just as anticipating of a Panthers romp over the Texans on Thursday as I was that we were going to win in Charlotte on Sunday.

I have lots of hope. But I'd like some help with the optimism part. A big win by the Texans on Thursday night wouldn't help fill me with either.

But I will support and pull for the Saints even if this rebuilding season goes up in flames. Of course beating NE on Sunday would go a long way toward getting this season back on track and would make our hope a bit brighter for this season.

Carolina is the darkhorse team. They will be in the playoffs at year end...They may not beat Tampa, but they are good ...

Bill, honestly I don’t read into like that. I look at matchups week to week, and there are teams that are a good or bad matchup for us based on strengths and weaknesses. I’m not making any excuses for yesterday, but I am also taking into account who was missing and the circumstances surrounding the Saints location, living arrangements, etc. Hopefully, we bounce back this weekend.
I do understand the legitimate reasons that we got blasted by Carolina on Sunday.
But Carolina is not experiencing those same setbacks going into Houston that we had going into Charlotte.
So it would appear that Carolina should easily come out on top in this one. If they get badly beaten, well... you know the rest.

The injuries on defense Sunday are one thing - but what concerns me is that the Carolina coaches saw something on film on our offense ( the line protections, QB, WRs, running backs and scheme) that they were able to exploit and, as a result, completely shut down our offense after 1 week.

Now, Bill Belichick gets to throw some things at the things that got exploited and all of that will be on film for all to see. So there is the chance that things could get much worse before they get better offensively.

Remember (if you’re old like me) the 93’ team? Started the year 5-0 and get thrashed in week 6 by Pittsburgh and basically every team used that film to exploit the Saints offense for the rest of the season.

Not saying it will happen, just that every team will be trying to copy what the Panthers did and how quick Payton can flip things around will determine the course of this season and Jameis’ effectiveness as our QB.

Carolina is the darkhorse team. They will be in the playoffs at year end...They may not beat Tampa, but they are good ...
I trust this is one of the the reasons they took us apart. All the more reason why I expect them to win in Houston.
That's kinda the point of this thread. It doesn't bode well for the Saints if a good team like the Panthers who just made us look silly would then be pummeled by an underdog like the Texans.

Does it??? :unsure:

How well the Panthers play against the Texans has no connection to how well the Saints played against the Panthers.

The Texans could blow out the Panthers by 40 points, and it wouldn't affect the way I view our loss from Sunday, because it doesn't mean that we lost to a bad team. It just means that on that one day we played terribly and they played great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom