The way the media is handled post 'bountygate' (1 Viewer)

I don't think it has anything to do with Payton's relations with the media. It seems to have more to do with the 24/7/365 NFL news cycle. I mean, listen to the questions that were asked the Monday after the Superbowl. "Can the Raven's Repeat?" Seriously? Can't you let them enjoy it for a day? Also, until they announce cuts, sign FA's and have a draft, how can you tell if they have a championship roster?

The problem is, until things start to happen, there isn't a lot to talk about, so they have to fill up that same time with speculation on the limited events out there. Right now our DC job is a big deal, so everyone is going nuts on it. And in an attempt to be "first", they're willing to say certain things are done deals when they're only just talked on the phone and maybe coming in for an interview. They're just too hyper right now.

I think eventually the off season will settle down and these silly reports will slow down, but right now they're still in season mode.

Schefter is connected, but it's not always the truth. He's just saying what his contacts are hearing, then he builds a small story around it. I used to like him, but he's really trying to outdo himself lately.
I love the first paragraph.

But it works because enough knuckleheads respond to the knee jerk nonsense.
Twitter, Facebook, etc. have ruined journalistic integrity.

I'd wager that journalistic integrity was ruined way before social media came into the picture.
Well,
Whatever word you would use to describe it.......
It's past ruined since social media. Downright disgusting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom