The way the media is handled post 'bountygate' (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I LOVE the mixed signals Payton has sent out about who we will hire as our D-coordinator. I've never seen so many 'respected' reporters give misleading information. I'm talking to you Adam Schefter. Home boys shoulda known Payton wasn't going to be good to him after they bashed him for a series of months in their media outlets. Friends, here is what I know outside the "janitor" on this website, belief nothing.

Seriously, I trust what people say on this website more than any media outlet. I also think Mike Tripplet will get fed some nuggets here and there because of how fair minded he was during the last 8 months. Jeff Duncan on the otherhand will continue to be Razor Ramon.

Saints hire me to be their D-Coordinator per Adam Schefter! LOL

i 100% agree. until either Jay Glazer or Saints Report reports it. i dont believe it.

also, i no longer take reports seriously when another team/player gets accused of something until I here more about it. I know how ESPN blew up the "bounty" scandal. media just wants hits on their channels and websites.

Personally, I'd be surprised to learn that Peter King is ever given access to the Saints facilities or post-game locker room again.

Last edited:
I have been finding it hilarious how when a new "speculation" breaks, they follow the info with "league sources say".....

ummm yea, how's that worked out for anybody??

I think those league sources need to be fired!!

I hope SP plays with their emotions throughout the entire offseason

I don't think it has anything to do with Payton's relations with the media. It seems to have more to do with the 24/7/365 NFL news cycle. I mean, listen to the questions that were asked the Monday after the Superbowl. "Can the Raven's Repeat?" Seriously? Can't you let them enjoy it for a day? Also, until they announce cuts, sign FA's and have a draft, how can you tell if they have a championship roster?

The problem is, until things start to happen, there isn't a lot to talk about, so they have to fill up that same time with speculation on the limited events out there. Right now our DC job is a big deal, so everyone is going nuts on it. And in an attempt to be "first", they're willing to say certain things are done deals when they're only just talked on the phone and maybe coming in for an interview. They're just too hyper right now.

I think eventually the off season will settle down and these silly reports will slow down, but right now they're still in season mode.

Schefter is connected, but it's not always the truth. He's just saying what his contacts are hearing, then he builds a small story around it. I used to like him, but he's really trying to outdo himself lately.

Seriously, I trust what people say on this website more than any media outlet. I also think Mike Tripplet will get fed some nuggets here and there because of how fair minded he was during the last 8 months. Jeff Duncan on the otherhand will continue to be Razor Ramon.

Saints hire me to be their D-Coordinator per Adam Schefter! LOL

Will you be bringing us the 1-gap or 2-gap 3-4?

poor reporting of everything seem to be epidemic

If I were Payton, I would be screwing with the media HARD

He's smarter than that. Silence is his biggest weapon. If he tries to mislead them too much, some guys will take offense and start looking for dirt.

We really don't need or want more bad press.

This, in part, is why I refuse to watch or read sports media anymore. Whenever there is nothing to actually report, they'll speculate, guess and outright make stuff up just to fill in their allotted time or amount of words. Why should we listen to or follow this?

I think SP spent the entire season creating new ways to diss the media. I do not blame him a bit. Would you be buddy buddy with the people that threw you so far under the bus?

The media is just outright horrible. Sports or news related. I can't choke down the propaganda anymore and I am SO glad that I do not have a tv. All those years I spent in the biz has certainly afforded me a different view of the inner workings of the media industry. Trust me folks. It's all contrived propaganda. The news itself is not what is important. It's the angle at which they want you to see/hear/read it. That's it. Nothing more.

I hope people open their eyes to this and quit feeding them. It was a hard lesson to learn, but hopefully it is learned. It's not just Saints/Boutygate related. It's across the board on everything you watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom