The Weekend: Pels-BAD, Saints-BAD, LSU-BAD, Tulane-GOOD (1 Viewer)

If we're mentioning area football teams Southeastern deserves a shout out. We won our first round playoff game. Third time in four years. Headed to Birmingham for second round playoff game against Samford.

My nephew plays baseball for Tulane. My wife and I have been down there several times Very nice campus. Roll Wave!

AJC reporter has retracted the false story about CWF leaving for GT.
If the dude was going to lie, he should have just said that Fritz was going to be the new head coach for the Saints. He would have gotten a lot more clicks on a whopper like that. :scratch:

Split screen, baby! :9:
I’m actually gonna go to the Tulane game. I figure might as well go support them since they’re nearly in walking distance from here and it’ll be nice for the community if they can pull this one out. Plus they got a guy from my small hometown on their team and a lot of folks I know from home are coming. Looked like it was nearing a sell out when I bought my tickets but I’m not sure if that is just the Tulane portion or both sides.

How is LSU bad? LSU began the season unranked with an L and then all hope was lost.

Then throughout the season they beat a number of ranked teams and even the mighty unstoppable Alabama getting ranked as high as 5. Not to mention they are playing in the SEC Championship this week.

Not bad for a team with a first year coach with no expectations.

I’m actually gonna go to the Tulane game. I figure might as well go support them since they’re nearly in walking distance from here and it’ll be nice for the community if they can pull this one out. Plus they got a guy from my small hometown on their team and a lot of folks I know from home are coming. Looked like it was nearing a sell out when I bought my tickets but I’m not sure if that is just the Tulane portion or both sides.

Ticket sales are overseen by the AAC, as this is not Tulane's call. It's doubtful UCF sells their allotment since they were just here 2 weeks ago. So more will become available when those numbers are sold/returned.

I believe the OP was referring to last weekend in isolation. Ella's shoe was curb stomped by tamu.
While I was in awe of the situation LSU was in going into the TAMU game, I truly had concerns about my Tigers being ready to go against the real playoff contenders.

Yes, it was an amazing turnaround for this newly revamped team, but IMHO they never looked like they were prepared to take the final step(s) to go all the way. The debacle in College Station confirmed my doubts.

LSU was likely going to miss out on being in the Top 4 following the SEC Championship game, and thus folks would have accepted that LSU wasn’t quite ready for that leap.

But the program grew immensely into something that most people couldn’t believe would happen in one year. That can only raise the level of excitement for next year, and it will make recruiting trips even more successful as Kelly looks to fill the missing pieces.

I’m happy that LSU will get an invitation to a prestigious bowl and looks to be moving the program in the right direction!
:very-happy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom