The weekly "Seriously, the refs are REALLY BAD" video thread (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Grab a drink, collect your favorite swear words, practice your "WTH" face, sit back and enjoy.

It's a shame the NFL doesn't have billions of dollars and 100 cameras already aimed at every angle of the game. Oh well, maybe one day.

Granted I'm looking at a small screen, but some of them looked absolutely wrong and others legit. The incorrect ones ( mainly at the beginning) were horrendous. The very existence of a video like this attests to the incompetence of the officials and the seemingly willful ineptitude of the NFL.

Some of that is ticky tack. But the first several are awful and its hard to believe they all occurred in the same game.

I know several college officials and it is well known in those circles that to make it to the NFL as an official, you either have to have look of a body builder or you have to fit the political need of the day. Clearly not based on ability alone. I think the NCAA has better officials.

Some of that is ticky tack. But the first several are awful and its hard to believe they all occurred in the same game.

I know several college officials and it is well known in those circles that to make it to the NFL as an official, you either have to have look of a body builder or you have to fit the political need of the day. Clearly not based on ability alone. I think the NCAA has better officials.
I wonder how many drives get extended via defensive holding in CFB, and HS....compared to the NFL

I wonder how many drives get extended via defensive holding in CFB, and HS....compared to the NFL
i will never understand the logic behind making those penalties automatic first downs. It is so infuriating to see a team have a long down and distance getting bailed out by an illegal contact or defensive holding penalty. Give them the 5 yards and replay the down, but why make it an automatic first? Hell, I would even be for making it a spot foul, but if that spot does not result in the yardage being a first down, then just replay the down at that spot.

i will never understand the logic behind making those penalties automatic first downs. It is so infuriating to see a team have a long down and distance getting bailed out by an illegal contact or defensive holding penalty. Give them the 5 yards and replay the down, but why make it an automatic first? Hell, I would even be for making it a spot foul, but if that spot does not result in the yardage being a first down, then just replay the down at that spot.
mmmmm....hmmmmm, been saying that for a while...there are zero penalties on O that's an auto 4th, so why do we renew posession against the defense for a 5 yard penalty. 5 yds replay down if not enough for a 1st. drives me clinic, to see a 3rd and 17 get wiped out for a defensive hold on a RB coming out on a screen route.

That OPI call on Sterling Shepard was truly horrible! Like others have said, if the NFL and players association can’t utilize footage like this to make changes then it tells me they’re all in on it.

Pretty simple, you allow the teams to have 1 challenge a game. But we know that they don’t give a sheet about whats right or wrong.

And surprisingly(not), Carolina didn’t get any calls against them until the very end of the game. When it was pretty much over. I’m pretty sure we got 2 on the first drive.

I’m not counting pre-snap and that obvious roughing the passer.

Well in HS, defensive holding does not carry an automatic 1st down. So that right there, even if the same # are called would lessen how many extend drives. We just finished week 5 and 2 weeks we’ve had 2 games, so in 7 games my crew has called 2 or 3 defensive holdings. Now, what the down & distance was prior and whether it extended those drives, I do not recall. But, as with all fouls and all crews, we live by the mantra, don’t call ticky tack stuff, just the train wrecks that everyone and their grandmother will know why you’re throwing your flag.

These rules is in place to thrust a team downfield. I never seen so many penalties called against the Saints defense in a 3rd down situation that resulted in a 1st down in all my time watching football. This is why those rules exist on penalties to fix the games the way they want them.

The only way to remedy the officiating problem is start class action suit with fans of all teams joining in against the NFL to claim loss of revenue, integrity of the game, and whatever else we can find. I am shocked that this has not become a thing yet, because theirs alot of valid footage out there to support such a suit, including officials looking directly at the play at the time of the infraction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom