The "What If" Game (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just for fun.

And I know if it's and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

But just for fun, if we could have magically changed 1 play...that's it, just 1 play in each game so far......how would things look heading into the break....

Game 1.
1. The ref declares the pass uncatchable on 4th down.
(or Crawley deflects the 2 point conversion, his arm was right there)
(or Lutz kicks it just a touch to the right)

2. We hold our block and the FG is good.

3. We just simply don't crash into our own guy and we simply field the punt. Fair catch even, doesn't matter. Then it's 7-0, all the momentum, and our ball.

4. No changes needed :9:

1 play a game.....and while we surely have grand canyon sized holes at times, it's not that far from being 3-1......and who knows if we field the punt if we don't get a 14-0 cushion and hold off ATL in a shootout.

Just dreaming......no need to tell me logic as to why this can't happen.

I was honestly waiting for the refs to call a pass interference on Webb at the end. Because you know how that our luck has been lately but I'm so glad they didn't!

This is just another "cleverly" disguised thread to try to get people to agree that we should be 3-1, or 4-0 depending on how delusional someone might be.

The Raiders game was a game we shouldn't have lost, and the Chargers game was a game we shouldn't have won. So there's your "balance".

We did not outplay the Giants, and we for sure did not outplay the Falcons.

This is just another "cleverly" disguised thread to try to get people to agree that we should be 3-1, or 4-0 depending on how delusional someone might be.

The Raiders game was a game we shouldn't have lost, and the Chargers game was a game we shouldn't have won. So there's your "balance".

We did not outplay the Giants, and we for sure did not outplay the Falcons.

Giants game was pretty even. No way you can say we did or did not outplay them. We will be the ONLY team on their schedule this year that holds their offense to 0 touchdowns, AND THAT INCLUDES the "GREAT" Minn D tonight.

I am not sure how you can just vividly say we didn't deserve that game just as much.

They had 23 more rushing yards than us and 105 more passing yards

We forced 3 turnovers to their 0

They blocked a FG for a TD which is not a turnover but just like one and this was not forced as we blew an assingment

We averaged 10 more yards a return on kick returns with only 1 more return than them

We averaged 5 yards more a return on punt returns with only 1 more return than them

We averaged 1.2 yards per carry more than them on the ground

They averaged about 2.4 yards more per reception

The game could have went either way and you can't say the saints didn't deserve that game just as much as the Giants. I would say to be fair we should be 2-2 right now, but could easily argue that we should be 3-1. Even if we were 3-1 though it would be somewhat false hope unless we can make a run after the bye when we get a little more healthy.

Giants game was pretty even. No way you can say we did or did not outplay them. We will be the ONLY team on their schedule this year that holds their offense to 0 touchdowns, AND THAT INCLUDES the "GREAT" Minn D tonight.

I am not sure how you can just vividly say we didn't deserve that game just as much.

They had 23 more rushing yards than us and 105 more passing yards

We forced 3 turnovers to their 0

They blocked a FG for a TD which is not a turnover but just like one and this was not forced as we blew an assingment

We averaged 10 more yards a return on kick returns with only 1 more return than them

We averaged 5 yards more a return on punt returns with only 1 more return than them

We averaged 1.2 yards per carry more than them on the ground

They averaged about 2.4 yards more per reception

The game could have went either way and you can't say the saints didn't deserve that game just as much as the Giants. I would say to be fair we should be 2-2 right now, but could easily argue that we should be 3-1. Even if we were 3-1 though it would be somewhat false hope unless we can make a run after the bye when we get a little more healthy.

One of those turnovers that we "forced"...........Eli's knee was clearly down. Also, a game that can "go either way" is not a game that should be chalked up as a hypothetical win in some pretend scenario where we are "allowed to remove 1 play per game". And that whole thing about keeping the Giants out of the end zone.........while impressive for much of the game.......doesn't change the fact that they were at the 2 yard line, taking kneel-downs before kicking the game-winning FG. If somebody wants to "pretend" something...........let's pretend that for the first 3 games, we didn't have a defense that allowed opponents to skate freely downfield at the end of games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom