The White Towels (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The white towels they gave away at the game yesterday were a sad reminder about how attendance has slipped. About a quarter of the seats in the dome still had an untouched white towel sitting on it (thus it was empty). It was noticeable that the crowd volume just wasn't there. We talked alot about excitement but that did not translate to butts in seats. The crowd was flat before the D ever hit the field.

You may be glad you didn't go since they laid an egg, but its just sad to watch such a good thing fade. And I'm not talking about team performance. I would have posted the same thing had we won.

I didn't see many empty seats at all. Half the crowd left after Thomas fumbled. Perhaps they didn't bother to grab their towels on the way out.

It was nice to see that there were no ads or sponsor logos on those towels... said my wife. :)

I believe it was a sellout, it wasn't the fans best performance though. It was loud, but still pretty lackluster for opening week. We've been much louder. Even with the opening TD drive where we looked like we were about to blow out Tampa, the crowd has had better days. I'm not worried though. If the Saints perform up to standard, the crowd will respond accordingly.

Also, man do the Saints love giving out towels lol.

What Dome did you go to? You were either very confused or looked around at least 30 minutes before kickoff. There was nowhere near 1/4 empty seats. It was packed. I hope you are not just trolling to get a response.

Stayed until the end. It was packed until the Thomas fumble....then people started to head out early.

Defensive stops seem to fuel the crowd noise more than offense. Yesterday we had one stop.

There was a huge sense of waiting during the game. At least that's how me, my wife, and kids felt. Never felt like we were going to lose. Felt like we were waiting for our saints to show up.
Still had that feeling walking out of the dome though.

Yeah, the fans were most definitely there so not sure what game you were watching. Additionally, even after the exodus after the Thomas fumble, the noise was still there during our frantic attempt to comeback. So that tells me the ones that left weren't making much noise to begin with.

The white towels they gave away at the game yesterday were a sad reminder about how attendance has slipped. About a quarter of the seats in the dome still had an untouched white towel sitting on it (thus it was empty). It was noticeable that the crowd volume just wasn't there. We talked alot about excitement but that did not translate to butts in seats. The crowd was flat before the D ever hit the field.

You may be glad you didn't go since they laid an egg, but its just sad to watch such a good thing fade. And I'm not talking about team performance. I would have posted the same thing had we won.

I don't know what the actuall attendance was, but it was not full by any stretch of the imagination. If I had to guess; about 85-90%.

I don't know what the actuall attendance was, but it was not full by any stretch of the imagination. If I had to guess; about 85-90%.
I'm glad I'm not the only on that noticed. I was there well before kick off and I would say that it was 75% full during the national anthem, probably got a little over 90% full by mid-way thru the first quarter. I suppose people are accustomed to buying deeply discounted tickets from brokers after kick off, and then spend a few dollars at the concession stand. Maybe some of you didn't have the same vantage point but for whatever reason, I could see thousands of white towels still hanging on empty seats at kickoff.

I didn't see many empty seats at all. Half the crowd left after Thomas fumbled. Perhaps they didn't bother to grab their towels on the way out.

It was nice to see that there were no ads or sponsor logos on those towels... said my wife. :)

I thought there was a Mercedes Benz logo on them. And these were a better quality towel. Very nice.

The three positives about yesterday's game was the offense, the white towels and the Molly Ringwalds are always fun to watch.

As for the OP, I didn't see many vacant seats. The noise was pretty stout, but not our best. I think quick, effortless drives took some steam out of the crowd. I mean there weren't many "it's THIRD DOWWWN" chants to really rev things up.

The Bucs sent a bunch of tickets back to the Saints. It's possible they weren't bought up in time for the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom