The "Who's-drunk-on-a-weeknight" thread...and is "go-cups" a New Olreans thing? (1 Viewer)

I hear Charleston SC allows it, but have not verified this myself.

I've never been to Charleston but SC in general has some fairly strict drinking laws. I would be very surprised to hear they have go cups for drinks.

Hoyasaint,

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out - always looking for new things.

Danchrism - that is pretty much true. While I can tell a slight difference between $20 and $30, it's not 50% better. And a $20 bottle in Memphis generally goes for $15 in New Orleans.

Not to threadjack-- but doesn't your company realize that it's going to wind up costing them more to pay your mileage?? :dunno: ... I use my own car, get over $.50 a mile, and make BANK on the mileage; it'd be a lot cheaper for my company to get me some fleet car like you probably have.

Unless they aren't going to pay him for his mileage. Then they save lots of money.

Mr. Blue Sky,

I completely agree. We get $0.485 per mile. One trip from Memphis to New Orleans and back will get me a $400 check. That's enough to pay a car note and some more wine - trying to keep this on topic :)

What really ticks me off is they label it as a benefit/perk and most of us look at it as salary. Figuring the cost of a car note, gas and insurance is going to set me back about $600 per month and this is the equivalent of a $10K pay cut. I actually have my year end review tomorrow where I think I find out my raise. I'm pretty sure it won't be near enough to make up for this.

On the bright side, everything after the "you lose your car" has been extremely fair. We don't have to anything until Jan 1 next year so I have plenty of time to get things straight. They are also giving us the option of a $4500 payout for turning the car in or take $5000 towards the purchase of the company car (my car will have 70,000 miles or more with a blue book value under $10K so I'll take the payout). The mileage rate is pretty good, but I would imagine they will be strict about people riding together, going with someone who still has a car.

Back on topic - I've had some wine every night this week. I don't see any reason to give up tonight and ruin a good streak knowing the weekend is coming. Plus, I made homeade nachos last night. Since the wife's out of town I still have half of the meat, cheese and tostitos left so I'll have another "guy left home alone with no supervision" party. Lots of XBOX, action movies and Cinemax awaits!!!!

Mr. Blue Sky,

I completely agree. We get $0.485 per mile. One trip from Memphis to New Orleans and back will get me a $400 check. That's enough to pay a car note and some more wine - trying to keep this on topic :)

Just so you know-- the government mileage rate (which most companies use to determine their own rate) just went up to $0.505 per mile on Jan. 1. :9:

Go cups:

istockphoto_2373795_blond_girl_wearing_green_bikini.jpg

Stop cups:

367229%7EWoman-in-Red-Bikini-Posing-by-Pool-Posters.jpg

Speed up cups:

23052027.jpg

The only time you can take a go cup here is during a city sanctioned event like a fest or something, when they block off various streets or the entire park where the event is being held.
Makes me feel like I'm getting away with something.... Crazy Texans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom