The "Who's-drunk-on-a-weeknight" thread...and is "go-cups" a New Olreans thing? (1 Viewer)

Had a bottle of shiraz last night. A brand called Boarding Pass - has officially become my favorite wine in the whole world. Got some not so great news about work (losing company car - corporation saving money) and figured that was a good enough reason to get drunk and play NCAA Football all night. Paired very nicely with a roasted chicken from Kroger.

Wife is out of town tonight so it may be a good idea to do it again!

i had a buzz last night....bud ice :9:.....my po man's beer

when i think of "go cup" i think of a cup caught at a parade....i usually have 50 after mardi gras and they slowly disappear in the following months

Had a bottle of shiraz last night. A brand called Boarding Pass - has officially become my favorite wine in the whole world. Got some not so great news about work (losing company car - corporation saving money) and figured that was a good enough reason to get drunk and play NCAA Football all night. Paired very nicely with a roasted chicken from Kroger.

Wife is out of town tonight so it may be a good idea to do it again!

Haven't had Boarding Pass, how much does that run you? If you like Shiraz you should check out Shotfire. Although prices can vary wildly. I've gotten bottles as low at 13 but as high as 19. Still pretty cheap for an excellent Shiraz.

I am quickly learning which airports you can and cannot leave a bar area with a go cup. Interestingly, those rules don't always mirror the rules that apply to other bars.

For example, in both Houston and Nashville you can bring a beer (in a cup) to the gate. In New York and Baltimore, you cannot (although I have had varying degrees of success by putting drinks into a soda cup with a lid).

We had go cups in Montana until last year. State legislature implemented an open container law after realizing we consistently have one of the highest highway traffic fatality rates in the country.

I believe Wyoming still has drive-up liquor stores.

Hoyasaint,

Boarding Pass goes for $20 in Memphis. I've found that all alcohol cost more here than in New Orleans, with wine usually a couple dollar more per bottle.

I've gotten spoiled on the Boarding Pass. It was recommended to my by the guys at the liquor store. It comes in a cool bottle where the label looks like an airplane ticket. It doesn't have a cork, which is something I actually like. They also make a bottle called First Class that goes for $30. It's really good, but I already think $20 is a lot for how much I drink. Every now and then I'll get it for a special occasion like a birthday, NYE or the beginning of a weekend :) any excuse for the good stuff!!!

The best part (besides the taste) is the alcohol content is 15.7%, one of the highest I've seen on wine. Tastes great, more buzz!

Hoyasaint,

Boarding Pass goes for $20 in Memphis. I've found that all alcohol cost more here than in New Orleans, with wine usually a couple dollar more per bottle.

I've gotten spoiled on the Boarding Pass. It was recommended to my by the guys at the liquor store. It comes in a cool bottle where the label looks like an airplane ticket. It doesn't have a cork, which is something I actually like. They also make a bottle called First Class that goes for $30. It's really good, but I already think $20 is a lot for how much I drink. Every now and then I'll get it for a special occasion like a birthday, NYE or the beginning of a weekend :) any excuse for the good stuff!!!

The best part (besides the taste) is the alcohol content is 15.7%, one of the highest I've seen on wine. tastes great, more buzz!

Shot fire comes in at 14.5% so not too far off, plus I think it got a 97 rating from wine spectator, not trying to change minds, just providing other options to check out.

Hoyasaint,

The best part (besides the taste) is the alcohol content is 15.7%, one of the highest I've seen on wine. Tastes great, more buzz!

This reminds me of one of those points in the Man Rules For Drinking thread I posted

Decent wine costs $15. Good wine costs $35. Nobody can tell the difference.

Got some not so great news about work (losing company car - corporation saving money)

Not to threadjack-- but doesn't your company realize that it's going to wind up costing them more to pay your mileage?? :dunno: ... I use my own car, get over $.50 a mile, and make BANK on the mileage; it'd be a lot cheaper for my company to get me some fleet car like you probably have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom