The widely assumed 4th round compensatory pick... (1 Viewer)

They where never offered contracts therefore not deemed as a loss.

We let them walk.

still deemed a loss as long as they sign with another team within the qualifying window (i think approximately the start of camp).

still deemed a loss as long as they sign with another team within the qualifying window (i think approximately the start of camp).

Is there a time frame where they have to be offered a contract to be considered a loss? Because Franklin did play this year.

As far as I'm aware they are only considered a loss if we wanted them to stay with us and they chose to go elsewhere.

It'd be like throwing something once of value in the trash and then someone else comes along and scoops it up and you go trying to claim your insurance on it! :hihi:

So i must ask...and i haven't read thru all the comments.

Why aren't guys like Aubrayo Franklin, and Shaun Rogers included on that list?

2013 NFL Compensatory Pick Projections

No projected selections for the Saints...

Lost:
Nicks (5 yr $47.5 million), Meachem (4 yr $26 million), Tracy Porter (1 yr $4 million), Dunbar (2 yr $3 million)

Gained:
Grubbs (5 yr $36 million), Lofton (5 yr $27.5 million), Bunkley (5 yr $25 million), Hawthorne (5 yr $19.5 million), Chamberlain (3 yr $4 million)

We simply gained more than we lost this offseason in terms of qualifying free agent talent.

I also chuckled at this line:
Robert Meachem may be traded for a round of drinks at the combine.

I read this thread and see the Saints spent $23.5 million dollars on OLB when they could've kept Dunbar for $3 million.

My sentiments exactly dude.

I've seen in it a bunch of mocks, I even seen a bleacher report mock with it included.

I like taking part in draft discussions but when people keep talking abut this comp pick it gets a bit tedious.

It makes as much sense as us having one of the top 5 safety tandems in the league and having a wildly talented defense that just needs a DC to assimilate all that talent. Wishful thinking bordering on delusional.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

As far as I'm aware they are only considered a loss if we wanted them to stay with us and they chose to go elsewhere.

So in your book what does 'want them to stay' mean??

I don't get it. All their contracts expired... so what differentiates Nicks from Porter????

I don't mean to be blunt but its 110% wrong

The nfl doesn't track who contracts were offered to.

Then tell me why these players are not considered losses?

So in your book what does 'want them to stay' mean. I don't get it. All their contract expired so what differentiates Nicks from Porter????

Both Nicks and porter where offered contracts.

What differentiates them is "perceived value."

based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor.

Ok so i get it...only if we offered them contracts. If we allowed them to walk then it doesn't count. I suppose. I mean all of those guys included Franklin/Rogers were unrestricted FA. So im lost but ok. No compensatory i get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom