The Wildcat - Beating a Dead Horse (1 Viewer)

LRazor

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out (and probably nobody even cares anymore), but the Wildcat formation is precisely what many posters on the board called for Haslett to utilize when we had Williams and Deuce. Haslett's response was to say who would block for who?. He was a jerk and I am so glad he is gone.

IMHO, the Wildcat is just the current fad, much like the "Run and Shoot" was in the 90s. Like the Run and Shoot, it will have some limited success, but eventually be found lacking against good defenses and will end up on the shelf like so many other offensive and defensive fads have over the years.

Its a fad. I can see it still being used in College for some time but its days in the NFL are limited.

They made the playoffs last year with it. Face it, beating Peyton Manning is tough...

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out (and probably nobody even cares anymore), but the Wildcat formation is precisely what many posters on the board called for Haslett to utilize when we had Williams and Deuce. Haslett's response was to say who would block for who?. He was a jerk and I am so glad he is gone.

You're right... :dedhrse:

The Wildcat is a premative offense that is a dressed up pro version of the Wing T offense that is still used at some high schools. The Dolphins are using this crap because they don't have a legit NFL QB. Its weakness was exploited again tonight.

What do you do if you get behind and need points quick? You have nothing.

It is nice for 2-3 plays a game but it will never be sustained in the NFL for the amount of snaps that the Dolphins used tonight.

The wildcat wasnt to blame for losing that game. The MIA D unable to stop the big play was. Face it, if running the wildcat can keep a teams D on the field for 45 minutes, that should be a W.

Its a fad. I can see it still being used in College for some time but its days in the NFL are limited.

John Gruden begs to differ with you. And to the poster above you, your beloved Saints use a lot of the Run and Shoot principles. The "wildcat" will become a part of all NFL offenses. Even the teams that have elite QB's will learn some of the principles in case they lose their main QB to an injury.

The Colts D was not able to stop the wildcat tonight, and the Colts Defence had nothing left at the end. The Dolphins would have scored at then end of the game, if this didn't waste all the time at the begining of there last drive.

Plus the fact the Colts had TD drives of 12 and 32 seconds last night had something to do with the win.

Last edited:
They made the playoffs last year with it. Face it, beating Peyton Manning is tough...

The only reason they made the playoffs with it last year is because noone expected it, and noone had time to plan to stop it.

It isn't THAT hard to beat them, they had the ball for over 45 minutes and couldn't get the job done.

People know about the wildcat now, it will be a none factor by the end of this year, and will be more than likely GONE by the end of next year.

Miami ran the Wildcat better than anyone I have seen thus far. They destroyed Indy with TOP and ended methodically in a score. Miami's D was a fail. Also, Ted Ginn Jr. did them no favors in missing that pass right in his hands for a TD. Pass interference could have been called, but Teddy should have pulled that one in for the score.

This game earned some respect for the Wildcat from me last night. Period.

We were gashed (a little) with the dysfunctional Philly wildcat.

If you guys try and poo-poo this thing, you will be sadly mistaken. I guarantee you that our coaches aren't. This thing would fit Vick like a glove.

OP, I would remove "beating a dead horse" from your title, unless you want people to open it with pre-conceived notions.

This is a good topic of discussion. Especially after playing Philly and watching Miami last night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom