The Winston Injuries.... (1 Viewer)

thenewpac

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
You can see from my avatar im a Winston fan, but I am having a rough time understanding this. With his particular Injury with the back, does it get better with time or is it something that is going to hurt all year??( I'm not a fan of a QB trying to be heroic) and play through it
He is clearly struggling. I feel like there is a player and coach struggle here. Is there worry the only way to get better is to shut him down for the year and Jamie's side of this is "this is my last chance"? We are clearly in a better place at back up QB to ride it out and see if Jameis plays better, but this right here isn't working.

It doesn't help when a defense knows he can't scramble. So, they are gonna blitz him to death, because every teams know that there is blood in the water.

If DA got a problem with that... Don't start an injured QB.

Rest him. Let him get healthy.

I don't think this gets better with a week's rest and I don't see him voluntarily sitting. Brady can't scramble but the line does its job or he gets it out quick. It's just bad right now.

We have 50 million per year or so tied up in guys who are supposed to block and another 20m in guys who are supposed to not fumble. Not sure what we pay the guy who is supposed to kick the freaking ball through the big yellow sticks in the endzone, but it's got to be something.

By the 4th quarter today, we had a lamer WR corps than at any time last year.

I'm just not sure how we win when we can't block, can't hold onto the ball or take the free points.

Defense held a mediocre team to what 15 points and we fumbled away 7 again today and missed 6 in kicks.

22 to 14 should just as well have been 27 15 our way, but we aren't going to see that score until some of the big guys up front actually earn their checks.

I'm sick and tired of watching our QB get pounded into the turf 12 times per game.

You can see from my avatar im a Winston fan, but I am having a rough time understanding this. With his particular Injury with the back, does it get better with time or is it something that is going to hurt all year??( I'm not a fan of a QB trying to be heroic) and play through it
He is clearly struggling. I feel like there is a player and coach struggle here. Is there worry the only way to get better is to shut him down for the year and Jamie's side of this is "this is my last chance"? We are clearly in a better place at back up QB to ride it out and see if Jameis plays better, but this right here isn't working.

Pro football Doc said QBs typically miss one game with that injury and feel better the second week. He said it may never heal properly but that doesn’t matter. I don’t think there’s any concern about shutting him down for the back.

What he probably is concerned about is if he sits and Dalton lights it up. Does he ever get his spot back?

I’d IR Winston for several weeks so he could fully heal everything. He won’t have to keep forcing it out there and won’t deal with as much criticism while injured. We’d be able to see who’s really the problem between he and the offensive coaching staff.

We have 50 million per year or so tied up in guys who are supposed to block and another 20m in guys who are supposed to not fumble. Not sure what we pay the guy who is supposed to kick the freaking ball through the big yellow sticks in the endzone, but it's got to be something.

I'm just not sure how we win when we can't block, can't hold onto the ball or take the free points.

Defense held a mediocre team to what 15 points and we fumbled away 7 again today and missed 6 in kicks.

22 to 14 should just as well have been 27 15 our way, but we aren't going to see that score until some of the big guys up front actually earn their checks.

I'm sick and tired of watching our QB get pounded into the turf 12 times per game.
This can be solved somecwith presnap audiblingb to get into better protections and/or ball out of the QB’s hand quicker.

For which games last year would you rather not have had Olave, Callaway, and Tre'Quan for your top 3 WRs instead? Last year, the Saints were playing the likes of Lil Jordan Humphrey, Kenny Stills, Chris Hogan, and Kevin White at WR. LOL

It doesn't help when a defense knows he can't scramble. So, they are gonna blitz him to death, because every teams know that there is blood in the water.

If DA got a problem with that... Don't start an injured QB.

Rest him. Let him get healthy.
How is he supposed to heal his spine when he's getting knocked down on his back every other pass play?

Last edited:

Boom bingo and bayoooow!!! You nailed it bro should’ve been a thread by itself!!!

Pro football Doc said QBs typically miss one game with that injury and feel better the second week. He said it may never heal properly but that doesn’t matter. I don’t think there’s any concern about shutting him down for the back.

What he probably is concerned about is if he sits and Dalton lights it up. Does he ever get his spot back?
I believe this is exactly what’s going on and I have threads supporting Jameis

I hate to say it but I think Ram might be slightly overrated.

I’d IR Winston for several weeks so he could fully heal everything. He won’t have to keep forcing it out there and won’t deal with as much criticism while injured. We’d be able to see who’s really the problem between he and the offensive coaching staff.
I think we can only bring back 2 from IR and we already have 2 on there that we need to bring back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom