The Witcher coming to Netflix (2 Viewers)

I may be in love with actress that plays Ciri. Man…she’s just awesome. She could have been just good enough…but she clearly worked her butt off between seasons. She’s the best thing about the series right now

That season was amazing. There should be no worries about if they are going to make more than 3 seasons.

In regards to "advertising" this show. Most people avoid ads like the plague. Would you have even seen an ad for this if they did do a major ad campaign?

I understand that they could've promoted it better but it's not like they hid the date from everyone. People knew this was coming out right before Christmas but the lack of promotion allowed that fact to slip our minds. I did see it on twitter though the day it dropped but I currently am up against the data cap and don't have Netflix so I have to wait. Fortunately it's available to download in 4K and HDR, only 50 gigs so I'm doing that on Tuesday and save the 20 dollars. Netflix is expensive which is why I love how cheap Disney is. I've payed for that for almost the entire year. I joined around the 4th episode of WandaVision and haven't looked back.

I understand that they could've promoted it better but it's not like they hid the date from everyone. People knew this was coming out right before Christmas but the lack of promotion allowed that fact to slip our minds. I did see it on twitter though the day it dropped but I currently am up against the data cap and don't have Netflix so I have to wait. Fortunately it's available to download in 4K and HDR, only 50 gigs so I'm doing that on Tuesday and save the 20 dollars. Netflix is expensive which is why I love how cheap Disney is. I've payed for that for almost the entire year. I joined around the 4th episode of WandaVision and haven't looked back.
I dunno, I think part of the problem is Netflix's lack of commitment to the shows they're making. They probably want to not spend too much promoting the show, which in the big picture, lowers visibility and overall viewership, which causes them to reevaluate a show's viability. On the other hand, committing more resources to promoting the show will help the numbers and increase the chances the show will be re-upped. If there's one thing Netflix hates doing, it's throwing good money after bad, so they tend to give up on shows a lot quicker than we'd like.

I do acknowledge that production costs increase substantially in years 3 and beyond because of diminishing returns the farther along you get with increased salaries for popular actors and the production team doesn't get any cheaper, especially if a show is popular and becomes a bit of a cash cow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom