The Witcher coming to Netflix (1 Viewer)

Hate the move. Cavill has no charisma. He physically fits the mold, but he has no screen presence. Granted, his Superman stuff suffers mainly from awful writing, but Mission Impossible, he also just seemed so wooden.

Don't like him for Geralt, a role I think requires charm and charisma.

I hope I'm wrong because I want this to be great.

I thought he fit into Mission Impossible just fine, but Cavill was extremely charming and charismatic in “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” His character was basically an old school James Bond (but American).

He’s definitely not the first person I would have thought of for the part, but I think he has another acting/personality gear that DC just doesn’t allow him to get to. We’ll see if it works or not.

He’s also apparently a really big Witcher fan, he’s big into the books and the games.

henry-cavill-to-lead-netflixs-the-witcher-696x464.jpg

Not a bad rendering.

Well, I'm not sure I can agree with that. He sure hooked up with plenty of babes

He didn’t in my play through. I tried to have em both and lost em both. Lol. Still kick myself for that one.

if you consider womanizing, banging prostitutes and killing people to be charismatic, then i guess so

He didn’t in my play through. I tried to have em both and lost em both. Lol. Still kick myself for that one.
ha.. both.

There's like 4 or 5 you can bed, not even counting the randoms at the "inns".

I forget, I think you can get both Yennifer and Triss, but I always thought Triss was more deserving. She's nicer.

But the whole Unicorn thing with Yennifer is hilarious.

fat guys need charisma to get laid... warrior types who's scars tell their own story need none.

ha.. both.

There's like 4 or 5 you can bed, not even counting the randoms at the "inns".

I forget, I think you can get both Yennifer and Triss, but I always thought Triss was more deserving. She's nicer.

But the whole Unicorn thing with Yennifer is hilarious.

Agreed on all fronts. Let me clarify.
The only two that mattered to me. I messed up on.

Well, my recollection from playing is that he had sort of a grim charm to him, but I could be wrong. It's been a while. Which means I probably need to play it again to make sure.

But I haven't liked Cavill in the things I've seen him in, so I'm still concerned.

To go with some of the fan art that people have already posted, this is a picture of Cavill from when he was on Showtime’s “The Tudors”. It looks like a decent jumping off point for his Geralt look.

B364289C-DBCC-4764-B3C0-F10A09217C33.jpeg

I always saw Geralt as the he prototypical bad-boy/biker dude, with a fair amount of intelligence . A certain class of women are going to be drawn to that type. Others will not, or be actively repulsed. I thought the Witcher 2/3 showed this aspect much better than Witcher 1, although I did miss how you could slay just about every young woman in 1, as well as the "sex cards" when you made your conquest :)

Also Geralt is sterile and cannot contract (so presumably cannot transmit) disease. So he's a worry free lay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom