the Wolverine is New Orleans bound baby (1 Viewer)

Does it matter? They haven't exactly followed the right storyline so far. I wouldn't expect them to stat now. Per Wikipedia (a dubious source, I know)

THis movie is supposed to have an R rating.

If that's the case then they'll probably screw up this one like they did with the X-Men films. Maybe they'll kill Gambit like they did Cyclops.

I know a few comic book fanatics who let me in on the inside information, Hammer. These guys are fanatical collectors, smart people too. They have some leeway on getting this stuff. I also got some extra info on a comic book website so that helped out too

Wikipedia references an article that the second part of the movie will be shot in New Orleans before they head top New Zealand to wrap it up. The first part was done in Australia I think.

LOL. You know, I am a little disappointed that we don't see Rouge up there on that list. You can't have Gambit without Rouge. Even I know this.

I guess this movie is going to be where all those guys were buddies and then split up?

This made me laugh. I know it's not cool to constantly harp on spelling errors, but it's ROGUE. Rouge is french for red, as in women's makeup or Baton Rouge (Red Stick).

Not calling you out at all, but the image your post put in my head made me ROFL :_rofl: (Gambit looks good with rouge).

This made me laugh. I know it's not cool to constantly harp on spelling errors, but it's ROGUE.

Actually, it's Rouge. It's a new mutant originally supposed to be played by Tammy Faye.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 67
Don't mean to spoil it for anyone but I just checked IMDB for info on the movie and it said second unit currently shooting and listed all locations. Locations were Australia, and New Zealand and a soundstage. I imagine New Orleans will be the soundstage part.

By that I mean a fake New Orleans stage.

Last edited:
This article says that some shooting will take place in New Orleans. Of course that article was published back in Oct 2007, so who knows? IMDB.com is a good reseource, but I have known them to be wrong many times. It's a Wiki of sorts and hardly official.

Riggins is going to be Gambit? I think Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is perfect. Also, I want to see Emma Frost in a movie soon.

I'm with you I'd love to the White Queen in a movie.

Oh by the way Gambit rules all. :9:

The cast as set so far, with release in May 2009.

Ryan Reynolds ... Deadpool
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Dominic Monaghan ... Barnell Bohusk / Beak
Liev Schreiber ... Victor Creed / Sabretooth
Taylor Kitsch ... Remy Lebeau / Gambit
Danny Huston ... William Stryker
Kodi Smit-McPhee ... Young Logan
Lynn Collins ... Silver Fox
Will i Am ... John Wraith
Daniel Henney ... Agent Zero

Odd group of characters. They must have taken characters that they liked and not necessarily those who were ever involved in a story-line together. It looks like the Weapon-X program will be featured for sure.
I would imagine that the "young Logan" character and Silver Fox/Sabretooth will be involved in a flashback to their younger days in Canada.

Deadpool and Agent Zero were both Weapon-X assassins.

Beak is a wild-card. He never amounted to much and is currently human.

Stryker is a religious nut if I remember correctly.

Don't know much about Wraith except that he can teleport.

I don't know how any of this ties together to form a movie.

Odd group of characters. They must have taken characters that they liked and not necessarily those who were ever involved in a story-line together. It looks like the Weapon-X program will be featured for sure.
I would imagine that the "young Logan" character and Silver Fox/Sabretooth will be involved in a flashback to their younger days in Canada.

Deadpool and Agent Zero were both Weapon-X assassins.

Beak is a wild-card. He never amounted to much and is currently human.

Stryker is a religious nut if I remember correctly.

Don't know much about Wraith except that he can teleport.

I don't know how any of this ties together to form a movie.

in the X2 movie, an aging stryker was the former head of Weapon X. im sure itll be a younger stryker in this movie. and Wraith is listed as a Weapon X project in this film too. (edit: i just looked it up, and its John Wraith (codename "kestrel") from the weapon x team.)

Silver Fox and Sabretooth are Weapon X too. i wonder if Maverick or Wild Child will make cameos or at least be mentioned?

Last edited:
If that's the case then they'll probably screw up this one like they did with the X-Men films. Maybe they'll kill Gambit like they did Cyclops.

To be fair, I think they did decently by the comics in the first two despite playing with some things. It was the third film that was just a travesty of "What?" I was particularly displeased with it because the Dark Phoenix saga was my favorite X-men story line of all time. When X2 was over, I was so psyched for the third one. But instead of Phoenix, we had this dopey storyline that made little sense, and Jean was a bit part at best. Really aggravating.
BTW, I assumed by the goofy ending where Xavier suddenly spoke from a different body that we were being set up for the classic "no one's really dead" that comics so often pull. In a way, I don't want to see a 4th X-men film unless they decide to pretend the third never existed and go in a different direction.

And as much as I love Stan the Man, he's certainly let Hollywood screw up a number of his best comics (I just can't forgive Fantastic Four at any level), so I won't be surprised if this film goes out in left field as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom