The worlds best place to get into a car chase (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Osaka Japan..

So you are the Osaka PD and you get a call from several citizens that a guy is driving around really crazy. He's running red lights, he's speeding, he's generally being an *******.

So what do you do?

Well if you're the Osaka PD, you send out 2240 police officers in 460 patrol cars and one helicopter.....

And they didn't catch him.

He was only captured because the moron crashed into a bridge support on his own.
http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=3647

Article has video of the arrest they FINALLY made. Check out how many Popos it took to put the cuffs on...

It reminds me that last year the Japanese government ranked the various police depts. As you might guess, Osaka was at the bottom of the list.

As some of you know, I used to live in Japan and my wife is from there. So I like to keep up with the news back there. This story was just one of the funny ones I came across this week.

Not to jack your thread but how hard would it be to live in Japan as an English speaker? See, Im thinking about moving out of the US for a little while in about a year or so and Japan is on my short list.

Language isn't the real problem. For you, getting a visa to live there is the issue. You need a company to sponsor your work visa or you can't stay more than 90 days.

Oh, and the Japanese fingerprint and photograph every foreigner that enters their country. I would complain but we do the same thing here in the US.

Back to Language. Its not a huge problem because most younger Japanese at least know how to read english and many can speak it. Most restaurants have menus in Japanese or english. Places that don't offer services in English usually have a "No Gaijin" sign

the problem with care chases is this..
there really isnt a way to stop the suspect car. most dept. only allow the officers to follow.
you cant pit someone if there is traffic around you might kill someone. spike strips blow out the tires but they just drive on the rims... there really is much of a choice to stop a car chase......
now that being said.. why on gods green earth did they have this many officers involved in this...

Would have been the perfect time to rob a bank.

Or go speeding in a different direction. Talk about being the luckiest drunk on the planet when all of Osaka's finest are off chasing another dimwit whilst you plow thru trash can after trash can. Wheeeeee....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom