The worst thing about tonight (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Was having to watch Cam smile and "have fun" AFTER his team got a comfortable lead

Was having to watch our neutered offense trying to matriculate the ball down the field with 6 minutes left in the game.

Losing sleep on East coast time to watch these clowns crap the bed, almost come back, only to crap some more. Losers.

Payton and Brees have done remarkable things for this team and our one of the best Coach/QB combos in this game, however their Record in games trailing by 2 scores at the Half is abysmal.

They waste a lot of clock Huddling, running a slow tempo Offense, when we need to move up the field and get scores quickly. In this game we got the scores to get back in it, but utlimately bled way too much time off the clock in the process and used all our timeouts, putting all the pressure for our Defense to make one critical 3rd and Long stop, which hasn't been their strength.

I'd love to see someone knock a few of those teeth out. Where's GW when you need him??

Can't stand that *B*aby. Only times he wants to shake hands is in a win. Usually he cry's and goes to locker room.

Special teams. It's almost impossible for a special teams unit to be this bad across the board.

A 10 point swing on a chip shot? Downing a kickoff at the one instead of the 40 (and it's not the first time he's done it)? Holding/block in the back every return?

They fit an entire season of bad ST play into one game ... every week.

Cam played like trash (thanks to our defense) he has nothing to smile and have fun about. He should feel guilty that his defense carried them and their offense was put into a full Nelson by our defense.

Was having to watch our neutered offense trying to matriculate the ball down the field with 6 minutes left in the game.

My apologies if this is not taken in the spirit it is meant, but as a teacher that is tired of hearing that, "Those who can, do, and those who can't, teach.", I must point out the true meaning of this term. Our educational system is constantly berated for not doing its job. I am trying to do mine. Please indulge me. I refuse to give in to the bastageization of the English language. I will cross post this on the EE board, where it belongs, unfortunately to only have it ignored, because while everyone faults our educational system, very few want to be taught anymore.

Sportscasters have been on this one for three years now, and it is driving me crazy. It is obviously a case of malapropism at its worst, so you are not to blame. It was originally said by Hank Stram during Super Bowl IV, while he was mic'd up. Stram was known for his very unusual, though very inaccurate and poorly used vocabulary. Unfortunately, his ignorance of the actual term was revived by sportscasters about three years ago, creating a new generation of ignorant sportscasting usage. You are inundated with said usage during almost every game now, due originally to the total lack of verbal knowledge of ONE coach, followed by ONE sportscaster who had no clue what he was saying, and are therefore not yourself responsible for your gaffe. But let all who read this know: You <B>CANNOT</B> matriculate a football.

<B>Matriculate</B> [verb <I>muh</I>-<B>trik</B>-<I>yuh</I>-leyt; noun <I>muh</I>-<B>trik</B>-<I>yuh</I>-lit]

Verb: (used with object)
<B>matriculated, matriculating.</B>

1. to enroll in college or university as a candidate for degree
2. to register (a coat of arms), used especially in Scottish heraldry

Verb (used without object)
<B>matriculated, matriculating</B>

3. to be matriculated

Noun

4. a person who has been matriculated

Please understand that I am not attacking the original poster who was using this word; rather taking an opportunity to do what I am called to do, and that is to teach. Would that all would try to learn what they have the opportunity to learn.

My apologies if this is not taken in the spirit it is meant, but as a teacher that is tired of hearing that, "Those who can, do, and those who can't, teach.", I must point out the true meaning of this term. Our educational system is constantly berated for not doing its job. I am trying to do mine. Please indulge me. I refuse to give in to the bastageization of the English language. I will cross post this on the EE board, where it belongs, unfortunately to only have it ignored, because while everyone faults our educational system, very few want to be taught anymore.

Sportscasters have been on this one for three years now, and it is driving me crazy. It is obviously a case of malapropism at its worst, so you are not to blame. It was originally said by Hank Stram during Super Bowl IV, while he was mic'd up. Stram was known for his very unusual, though very inaccurate and poorly used vocabulary. Unfortunately, his ignorance of the actual term was revived by sportscasters about three years ago, creating a new generation of ignorant sportscasting usage. You are inundated with said usage during almost every game now, due originally to the total lack of verbal knowledge of ONE coach, followed by ONE sportscaster who had no clue what he was saying, and are therefore not yourself responsible for your gaffe. But let all who read this know: You <B>CANNOT</B> matriculate a football.

<B>Matriculate</B> [verb <I>muh</I>-<B>trik</B>-<I>yuh</I>-leyt; noun <I>muh</I>-<B>trik</B>-<I>yuh</I>-lit]

Verb: (used with object)
<B>matriculated, matriculating.</B>

1. to enroll in college or university as a candidate for degree
2. to register (a coat of arms), used especially in Scottish heraldry

Verb (used without object)
<B>matriculated, matriculating</B>

3. to be matriculated

Noun

4. a person who has been matriculated

Please understand that I am not attacking the original poster who was using this word; rather taking an opportunity to do what I am called to do, and that is to teach. Would that all would try to learn what they have the opportunity to learn.

I knew I wasn't wasting my time here. I feel smarter already! :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom