the worst you've ever been hurt (1 Viewer)

saintpack

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Gunshots, stabs, brands, broken bones, whatever...

Fractured skull, 1978. Brick thrown to the head. (Kids).

Walking on the beach and stepped into the remnants of a bonfire that had been covered with sand but not extinguished with water.

Third degree burns on my entire left foot. Docs suggested amputation to my parents because they thought that it was cooked through.

The debriding was awful as well. I would have preferred maggot therapy.

Also 1978.

Last edited:
broken right arm at wrist. compound fracture to both bones 3 inches above wrist, one bone tore through skin and dug into the ground. wrist joint completely shattered, 5 1/2 hours to reconstruct and one year to rehab. still have problems with it when its cold.

Torn ATFL in right ankle.Literally blew up to double its normal size in less than 30 minutes.Only physical pain to actually make me cry.

Hit in the face with a metal chair thrown across a room. Took 14 stiches at the bridge of my nose down to the corner of my eye and another 2 stiches on the bottom eyelid.

Broken nose playing basketball in HS. Looked in the mirror and my nose was horizontal. Grabbed it with both hands and reset it as close as possible. Emergency room told me to wait a week and then see my nose doc. Nose doc was ****** I was told to wait. Took me to a room at the back of his office and put the rails up on the bed, grabbed a sterile oyster shucker looking thing, shoved it up my nose and leaned into it until it snapped all the way back in place. That hurt a hell of a lot worse than breaking it and setting it back myself.

Two more come to mind, but aren't as cool. Broke my hand in a fight in 8th grade and jumped into a wall playing basketball and broke my foot.

Saints/Hornets/US soccer fan.....

No broken bones or bad burns or anything....maybe the time my friends and I were checking out this chicks mace spray and we didn't realize the A/C was on....that or connecting foreheads with a guy during a cornerkick.

broken collar bone. Didnt know it was broken so I kept running around with it for a few more plays, then went to the hospital.

Came down on someones foot playing basketball. I thought it was just a sprained ankle since it happened plenty of times before so I just tightened my laces on my shoe to prevent swelling and tried to keep playing. I made it about 5 minutes before I tried to jump again and the pain was enough to make me light headed. I tried to limp out of the gym but it was so painful at this point I needed some help from friends. The sympathetic gym rushed up to me and instead of offering to help they wanted me to fill out an incident report before they would "let" me go to the hospital. Instead of signing it I made a big scene and limped out.

After getting in the car I went by my friends apartment that was in nursing school. In other words she was hot and I wanted her to feel up my leg. She suggested I go to the hospital since it looked bad but I suggested that she get some alcohol to kill the pain which ended up in a 5 month relationship and a psycho ex.

The injury was a hairline fracture in ankle and a "Jones" fracture of my 5th metatarcal. Doesn't sound that bad but that stupid little bone in the foot took 6 months to heal and the first day I had the doctors permission to take that damn walking boot off I broke it again while having a chicken fight in the pool. Then I had to have surgery and it took another 4 months to heal. Now everytime it gets below 30 degrees I have a throbbing pain in my foot.

I gained 50 pounds from being inactive, got a psycho ex girlfriend, spent 10 months on crutches and a walking boot, have a permanent screw in my foot and a $17k medical bill that took 5 years to pay off because the insurance company said the surgery was elective after it didn't heal right the first time on its own.

I got in a car accident in High School were a guy ran a stop sign at 60mph in a mini van T-boning me right on my door. I got a seperated shoulder, 16 stiches in the back of my head, a concussion, 8 stiches in my arm, whiplash, sprained knee and sprained ankle. I hurt from head to toe for a couple days but I was good to go in a few weeks except the whiplash and shoulder which still bother me at times. That was a nasty accident and it could have been a whole lot worse. The guy riding with me was a good pitcher for Fountainbleu High School in his senior year and his father is an insurance adjuster for State Farm. He had a seperated elbow and got a nice payday out of it since he lost any chance he had at a scholarship because of it. I got $2500, medical bills paid and the van. Certainly wasn't worth it but I just took the offer from the insurance company instead of fighting.

When I was 5 my little brother got mad at a toy and threw a D cell battery across the room and hit me on the lip. This was on Easter Sunday and when I went to Slidell Memorial I had a severe reaction to the drug they used to put me under to do the surgery (my lip was literally sliced in half). After leaving the hospital I stopped breathing for a couple minutes before my heart stopped right as I got back to the hospital and they had to revive me. I don't remember any of it because I was so young.

A few years later we were in the garage watching the weather during a tropical system. I saw a horsefly on the window and decided to slap it. When I did the window busted and sliced my wrist cutting the artery. It didn't hurt at all but I was shooting blood like a super soaker. My dad heard the window break and came in the garage. I was trying to act like the winds busted it and was trying to hide the blood shooting arm so I wouldn't be in trouble. He figured it out pretty quick, wrapped it up with a towel and took off to the hospital. We lived in Magnolia Forest in Slidell at the time and had trouble getting to the hospital because of flooding. The doc said a couple more minutes and I would have been in big trouble. Now I have a big smiley face looking scar across my wrist just obvious enough for people to ask if I tried to kill myself.

Swallowed glass when I was a toddler. I'm told that's why I have trouble swallowing when upside-down to this day.

Knocked myself out for a good 1/2 hour in second grade. Fell off the fireman's poles onto my temple. Woke up as my dad was driving me to the hospital (I had no idea that old Dodge sedan could move like that!).

Fractured my jaw in high school and didn't realize it for days. Really put a crimp in my social life when my jaw was wired shut. The halitosis was just lethal after a month or two, there's only so much Listerine can do when you simply can't brush behind your teeth.

But all of that pales in comparison to my first full-on TN attack. Ye gods. Like having an electrified pitchfork shoved in my face.

Dislocted my shoulder in the 2A state semi-finals in baseball in 99. I was on first and the guy batting hit a line drive that the second baseman made a great play on. I dove head first back into the bag and I rammed my shoulder right into the bag. The bag didn't break away and I felt my shoulder pop out. I still don't know how but I popped it back into socket. Played on...adrenaline is an amazing thing. The next morning I reached in the back of my car for something and I screamed like a little girl. The adrenaline was gone. Ended up in a sling for some time.

almost lost my thumb to a brush hook.....basically a baseball bat with a 14" double sided blade on the end......cut down to the bone......
31PPH8C0V5L._AA280_.jpg

other than that, i have only sprained an ankle while skating in my yute

Fell out of a tree about 10-15 feet and got strattled about halfway down by a branch, George of the Jungle style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom