Saints The wrong safety was let go (1 Viewer)

Well, I miss Vonn Bell a bit too. But if we’re talking Marques Williams and I could only keep one. I’d keep Marques.

Maybe this Marques Williams can help us, because the Marcus Williams guy is not cutting it. I’d take Marques Colston over Marcus Williams at safety. Or Juan Manual Marquez. Or Mork and Mindy. Marky Mark. Hell, if he were alive I’d take Morgus the Magnificent.

I love having all our old #1 picks back and the 2 LB base defense. Vaccaro would fit right in with what they are doing with Malcom and CGJ. Vonn would have cost more and is more of a LB than a CB. I loved seeing Vonn delivering hits as much as the next guy but I died every time he went out in coverage.

I don't know what y'all guys are seeing, but I see outstanding play from Malcom and the rest of the D which has not translated into shutting anyone down yet. We suck at red zone percentage and third down percentage - the most easily-fixed problems a defense could have. Davenport has played, what, 2 snaps?, and he's got it, and Cam and is going to get it, so you may as well start getting hype now.

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong, but I can't recall a single big play from this past Monday where Marcus was to blame. It was PJ Williams.
And that's not even PJ's fault. That is Allen delusional mind thinking every player has to be versatile and can do everything. I'd rather have Jenkins, DJ, or CeeDee. You know... Safeties that been Safeties their whole career and can be depended on running a simple cover 2.

I love having all our old #1 picks back and the 2 LB base defense. Vaccaro would fit right in with what they are doing with Malcom and CGJ. Vonn would have cost more and is more of a LB than a CB. I loved seeing Vonn delivering hits as much as the next guy but I died every time he went out in coverage.

I don't know what y'all guys are seeing, but I see outstanding play from Malcom and the rest of the D which has not translated into shutting anyone down yet. We suck at red zone percentage and third down percentage - the most easily-fixed problems a defense could have. Davenport has played, what, 2 snaps?, and he's got it, and Cam and is going to get it, so you may as well start getting hype now.

Love this post ^ Great stuff! thx

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong, but I can't recall a single big play from this past Monday where Marcus was to blame. It was PJ Williams.
I Kinda think that his position on that touchdown was not that of a ball savvy aggressive safety. Marcus Williams has eased up or been in the wrong position or less than aggressive on too many plays that have cost the team points as well as games. maybe its coaching but for whatever reason his timid-ness has burnt us too many times Just the way I see it.

Our defensive line needs to play better than they have been. I think if we could start getting better pressure on the QB that’s going to help our secondary out a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom