Saints The wrong safety was let go (1 Viewer)

I’m just tired of commentators calling him Marcus Lattimore And vice versa

I Kinda think that his position on that touchdown was not that of a ball savvy aggressive safety. Marcus Williams has eased up or been in the wrong position or less than aggressive on too many plays that have cost the team points as well as games. maybe its coaching but for whatever reason his timid-ness has burnt us too many times Just the way I see it.
Marcus Williams' assignment was to play deep safety on the OTHER half of the field. The deep safety on that side was PJ. Yes, you do see Marcus running onto the screen late, after the Charger player gets into the endzone. But that was just him streaking across the field trying to make a play. But that wasn't his assignment. It us extremely unfair to continually bash a player who wasn't at fault.

Last edited:
3 tackles a game, 0 ints, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

He's doing so well!!

Well here i sit wondering why we let Von Bell walk when clearly he was the better of the two I think him and Malcom Jenkins would have been a better duo .

And yet Malcom Jenkins is having a statistically better season right now than Vonn Bell is. More solo tackles. More hits on QB's. And more passes defended. With both players getting 100% of the snaps per game on defense.

Can you help explain that?

And yet Malcom Jenkins is having a statistically better season right now than Vonn Bell is. More solo tackles. More hits on QB's. And more passes defended. With both players getting 100% of the snaps per game on defense.

Can you help explain that?
Im pretty sure he was comparing Marcus Williams vs Bell. He said he wished we had Jenkins and bell instead of jenkins and williams, jenkins stats dont figure into his arument.

Im not picking a side, i just think you guys arent arguing the same point

Im pretty sure he was comparing Marcus Williams vs Bell. He said he wished we had Jenkins and bell instead of jenkins and williams, jenkins stats dont figure into his arument.

Im not picking a side, i just think you guys arent arguing the same point

My that's confusing..

Okay thanks for the check. Soooo hmmm, looks like Marcus is having a pretty solid year. He even has an Int which Bell does not have yet this year. Also a pass defended which Bell doesn't have in the books yet.

Still not seeing how he's some huge downgrade from Bell.

I loved Vonn, but if I remember correctly he struggled until we drafted Williams and shifted his position. I think we tried to let him play FS, but he wasn’t very good at it. He thrived at SS.

The problem with your theory is that Malcolm Jenkins is also that “combination” type safety that we like using in the SS and he’s better than Bell. Williams is better than both of those guys at playing center field which is where the coaches like him.

I really think Williams is an all pro if he were on a different squad. Jenkins, Harper, and PRob ALL played better once leaving and played worse when coming back. I don’t think DA is incompetent by any stretch, but when you have guys routinely out of position, you likely just aren’t the best communicator when it comes to conveying responsibilities.

My that's confusing..

Okay thanks for the check. Soooo hmmm, looks like Marcus is having a pretty solid year. He even has an Int which Bell does not have yet this year. Also a pass defended which Bell doesn't have in the books yet.

Still not seeing how he's some huge downgrade from Bell.
INTs don’t tell you the story with Marcus. He’s always late. Never playing the ball. Attaching the WR and not the ball, draws flags.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom