Saints The wrong safety was let go (1 Viewer)

Marcus Williams' assignment was to play deep safety on the OTHER half of the field. The deep safety on that side was PJ. Yes, you do see Marcus running onto the screen late, after the Charger player gets into the endzone. But that was just him streaking across the field trying to make a play. But that wasn't his assignment. It us extremely unfair to continually bash a player who wasn't at fault.
Given! that's not my Complaint. It's what he did after he got there. he just never seems to deliver. he is not a hawk. there was an opportunity for action and he seems to have missed it again. just being there didn't prevent the TD! go back and watch.

Lots of opinions here and I don't know how Jenkins has been doing back in coverage. I just know that watching Jenkins dive at the ballcarriers feet on a screen and come up with nothing but grass in his facemask brings back dark memories of being a Saints fan

yea younger prob cheaper player going up in his career vs veteran looking for last payday at the end. another dumb move by the staff on defense...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom