"The Xbox 360 is holding back the PS3" (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
A high majority of the top game publishers want to push their game catalog onto as many consumers as possible, after all, they’re in it for the money. We’re seeing less exclusive titles as games become entertainment blockbusters. For example, take a look at Modern Warfare 2. Do you think Infinity Ward would have seen nearly the same success had they released it strictly for the Xbox 360? There’s no way. During its November release, nearly one third of copies sold were for Playstation 3. As gaming continues to see a fraction of its growth explosion over the next few years, expect studios to head down the path of cross-platform development.

As developers find the Xbox 360’s capabilities already suiting what they’d set out to achieve, there’s much less incentive to invest further resources in refining and improving one version over another. It’s a trend I don’t see ending, especially as more publisher reach for the next big blockbuster hit. Do you think the Xbox 360 is preventing Playstation 3 games from achieving more than what we’ve seen?

pillowfight.jpg

http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/gaming/the-xbox-360-is-holding-back-the-ps3

Don't you have some work to do? I thought we were free of you until June.

That "article" is a fanboy drivel piece. The writing indicates he's not a professional writer, and the point he's trying to make is ridiculous.

That's nothin but poor conclusions based on faulty logic and erroneous facts.

If you're going to stir the pot, you need a suitable instrument. You're trying to stir it with a piece of kite string.

Drink more or something. This isn't your best stuff.

I'm going to have to resurrect some old threads to remind you guys that at one time, you had swagger and healthy set of nuts.

If we're being serious for a second, I'd say the Xbox is holding the pricing of games back, which is a good thing. Look at the cost of blu-ray vs. DVD. If games were blu-ray exclusive, the cost would likely go up by 10 to 20 bucks per disc, which is where they probably want to take it, but thanks to Xbox still using DVD's, PS can't possibly charge 10 to 20 bucks more per game and survive. So yeah, thanks Xbox. :9:

/someonehadto :ezbill:

If we're being serious for a second, I'd say the Xbox is holding the pricing of games back, which is a good thing. Look at the cost of blu-ray vs. DVD. If games were blu-ray exclusive, the cost would likely go up by 10 to 20 bucks per disc, which is where they probably want to take it, but thanks to Xbox still using DVD's, PS can't possibly charge 10 to 20 bucks more per game and survive. So yeah, thanks Xbox. :9:

/someonehadto :ezbill:

So Sony exclusives that are on Bluray that exceed xbox's capacity (see Uncharted 2) should reflect the price increase that you are talking about. Not happening.

So Sony exclusives that are on Bluray that exceed xbox's capacity (see Uncharted 2) should reflect the price increase that you are talking about. Not happening.

And the reverse of that is the flaw with the Queefer's article. If the xbox were holding the ps3 back, then it stands to reason that sony could make exclusives that are so completely awesome that they would dominate the xbox's face off.

That hasn't happened, has it. So, WDQ, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Not that they should, but they probably would if Xbox and it's use of DVD didn't keep it in check. :ezbill:

Not that they should, but they probably would if Xbox and it's use of DVD didn't keep it in check. :ezbill:

Ridiculous. Both Microsoft and Sony would LOVE to price their games higher. The cost of media is not the determining factor. The market wouldn't support higher prices. I'm sure both companies have plenty of research and focus groups they've used to set those prices.

most games end up costing more than 60 bucks if you buy the DLC(especially the stuff released 2weeks later). Sony/Microsoft know what they are doing.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom