Thefootballexpert.com: 7 Round Mock Draft with comments for all picks (1 Viewer)

This mock is a need-based prediction. I think they're just matching a team's biggest need with the best next available at the position.

I am not feeling this draft at all. Once I read his comments about the Jason David "trade" he lost credibility. While we did give up 4th round compensation, he was a free agent signing. Not to be picky but if your site is footballexpert.com I expect you to be an expert.

It was a trade, don't be so finicky

Change the McKelvin pick to DRC and change the kicker kicker pick to another DT or CB then I could live with this draft.....

I am not feeling this draft at all. Once I read his comments about the Jason David "trade" he lost credibility. While we did give up 4th round compensation, he was a free agent signing. Not to be picky but if your site is footballexpert.com I expect you to be an expert.

Well, we had to compensate INdy with one of our 4ths last year for signing him.

Talib is all hype, I can't get over him getting burned by Jordy Nelson. Yeah, Talib ran a 4.46, but Nelson ran a 4.52 and still outran him. We don't need that at all. I'll take DRC with a legit 4.33, long arms and quick feet.

Talib is all hype, I can't get over him getting burned by Jordy Nelson. Yeah, Talib ran a 4.46, but Nelson ran a 4.52 and still outran him. We don't need that at all. I'll take DRC with a legit 4.33, long arms and quick feet.

Wait what Talib is all hype........so what is DRC?

Do you realize how close a 4.46 and 4.52 really are. Didn't Jerry Rice run pass everyone in his career.

i still think there might be a trade for shockey either before the draft or on draft day, you dont make 2 runs offers at a guy and then jsut give up-they apparently really want him.

that will affect the picks 9considering we will lose 1 or 2, and wont need a TE with any remaining ones

The most entertaining aspect of this mock is the totally baseless assumptions they premise it upon. When have the Saints drafted (lately) based upon need? Decent prospects at CB can be had later than the 10th pick. At that spot you draft for the best combination of impact and value ... I don't see a CB being that combination for the Saints.

If these mocks get 10 players right (out of 7 rounds!) on draft day I'd be quite surprised. And Keller, the QB? My goodness ... I don't know what these guys are thinking.

Playing CB is all about technique....how do you think MM excells at CB? I garauntee MM;s 40 time last year was above 4.46 by a good 1.5-2 seconds, yet it didn't stop him from havig his best year as a pro.

BTW, I do not want Talib or any CB in round 1, just saying...

The most entertaining aspect of this mock is the totally baseless assumptions they premise it upon. When have the Saints drafted (lately) based upon need? Decent prospects at CB can be had later than the 10th pick. At that spot you draft for the best combination of impact and value ... I don't see a CB being that combination for the Saints.

If these mocks get 10 players right (out of 7 rounds!) on draft day I'd be quite surprised. And Keller, the QB? My goodness ... I don't know what these guys are thinking.

IMO, that might be the best pick they have us getting. I don't really like any other pick.

10) <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> – CB Leodis McKelvin (<ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Troy</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>)
The Saints are a disaster at cornerback. The Jason David trade blew up in their face. If they don’t take a defensive back it would be considered a huge upset, or their overconfidence that signing Randall Gay (Patriots) solves the problem entirely. They managed 13 interceptions as a team, the fourth lowest total in the NFL. McKelvin also helps them in the return game. He can succeed Mike McKenzie who turns 32 the very day this pick is made.

40) <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> – TE Fred Davis (USC)
Eric Johnson is gone and what do they really have in Billy Miller? Their reported interest in Jeremy Shockey (Giants) indicates they are looking for a marquee tight end. <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Davis</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> is physically gifted and was very productive in his senior year with three games over 110 yards while leading the Trojans in receiving overall following the departures of Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. They get another Trojan on the offense that already features Reggie Bush.

[SIZE=-1]78) <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> DT Ahtyba Rubin (<ST1:pLACE><ST1:pLACENAME>Iowa</ST1:pLACENAME><ST1:pLACETYPE>State</ST1:pLACETYPE></ST1:pLACE>) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]After retaining Aaron Stecker and trading away their fourth round pick I no longer believe they can afford to take a shot at the talented crop of running backs for when he and Deuce McAllister run out of gas. The acquisition of Jonathan Vilma (Jets) and retention of Mark Simoneau solve their need for a middle linebacker. They still need to toughen up the middle of their defensive line. Even if Brian Young was also retained hell turn 31 in July. Rubins stock has jumped since he did 35 reps of 225 on the bench press at the combine where he joined Sedrick Ellis (USC) as one of only two players given the nose tackle classification. Hell be a run stuffer in the 4-3 too. Suddenly their defense could be making some strides.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p>138) New Orleans – K Brandon Coutu (Georgia)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Olindo Mare is out and Martin Gramatica is in, but that doesnt mean they wont add a kicker for competition. Gramatica will turn 33 during the season, not that old for a kicker. The bigger problem is that he has attempted only 14 field goals over the last three seasons. He also is less accurate indoors (73.8%) then outdoors (78.1%) for his career and hasnt been a legitimate threat from 50+ since 2002. Coutu can hit from long range. </O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p></O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p>166) New Orleans – C Cody Wallace (Texas A&M) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jeff Faine struck it rich in Tampa Bay so while Jamar Nesbit and Jonathan Goodwin are back they need another interior lineman. </O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p></O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p>198) <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> – QB Sam Keller (<ST1:STATE><ST1:pLACE>Nebraska</ST1:pLACE></ST1:STATE>)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jamie Martin isnt seriously the backup for Drew Brees, is he? At 38 Im pretty sure they will be looking at some alternatives. Keller is a little like Brees in that he plays with guts. </O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p>http://thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft.html</O:p>[/SIZE]

I only really like the first two picks, the DT is a nose tackle, but i kinda thought we needed more of a pass rusher from that spot, Hollis can hold that position down, his position is ok, and we got clancy...we need a 3-tech to backup Young or for Young to backup.

I know everyone wants DRC, but the buzz around him is growing to the point where he may not be there at 10. I'd watch out for the Pats and Ravens. As for the mock, McKelvin and Davis wouldn't be bad.

I only really like the first two picks, the DT is a nose tackle, but i kinda thought we needed more of a pass rusher from that spot, Hollis can hold that position down, his position is ok, and we got clancy...we need a 3-tech to backup Young or for Young to backup.

If we are going to rotate McCray in asmuch as it seems, that means Grant will be moving in and rotating with Young plenty.....behind Hollis there is a big drop-off, I would rate NT as a higher priority than the 3-tech, especially if we're trying to keep Vilma clean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom