Thefootballexpert.com: 7 Round Mock Draft with comments for all picks (1 Viewer)

Dave

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
10) <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> – CB Leodis McKelvin (<ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Troy</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>)
The Saints are a disaster at cornerback. The Jason David trade blew up in their face. If they don’t take a defensive back it would be considered a huge upset, or their overconfidence that signing Randall Gay (Patriots) solves the problem entirely. They managed 13 interceptions as a team, the fourth lowest total in the NFL. McKelvin also helps them in the return game. He can succeed Mike McKenzie who turns 32 the very day this pick is made.

40) <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> – TE Fred Davis (USC)
Eric Johnson is gone and what do they really have in Billy Miller? Their reported interest in Jeremy Shockey (Giants) indicates they are looking for a marquee tight end. <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Davis</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> is physically gifted and was very productive in his senior year with three games over 110 yards while leading the Trojans in receiving overall following the departures of Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. They get another Trojan on the offense that already features Reggie Bush.

[SIZE=-1]78) <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> DT Ahtyba Rubin (<ST1:pLACE><ST1:pLACENAME>Iowa</ST1:pLACENAME><ST1:pLACETYPE>State</ST1:pLACETYPE></ST1:pLACE>) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]After retaining Aaron Stecker and trading away their fourth round pick I no longer believe they can afford to take a shot at the talented crop of running backs for when he and Deuce McAllister run out of gas. The acquisition of Jonathan Vilma (Jets) and retention of Mark Simoneau solve their need for a middle linebacker. They still need to toughen up the middle of their defensive line. Even if Brian Young was also retained hell turn 31 in July. Rubins stock has jumped since he did 35 reps of 225 on the bench press at the combine where he joined Sedrick Ellis (USC) as one of only two players given the nose tackle classification. Hell be a run stuffer in the 4-3 too. Suddenly their defense could be making some strides.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p>138) New Orleans – K Brandon Coutu (Georgia)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Olindo Mare is out and Martin Gramatica is in, but that doesnt mean they wont add a kicker for competition. Gramatica will turn 33 during the season, not that old for a kicker. The bigger problem is that he has attempted only 14 field goals over the last three seasons. He also is less accurate indoors (73.8%) then outdoors (78.1%) for his career and hasnt been a legitimate threat from 50+ since 2002. Coutu can hit from long range. </O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p></O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p>166) New Orleans – C Cody Wallace (Texas A&M) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jeff Faine struck it rich in Tampa Bay so while Jamar Nesbit and Jonathan Goodwin are back they need another interior lineman. </O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p></O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p>198) <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>New Orleans</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> – QB Sam Keller (<ST1:STATE><ST1:pLACE>Nebraska</ST1:pLACE></ST1:STATE>)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jamie Martin isnt seriously the backup for Drew Brees, is he? At 38 Im pretty sure they will be looking at some alternatives. Keller is a little like Brees in that he plays with guts. </O:p>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]<O:p>http://thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft.html</O:p>[/SIZE]

I seriously doubt if Coutu has a very long NFL career. Don't think he's much of a kicker truthfully.

not a big fan of this mock

I am not feeling this draft at all. Once I read his comments about the Jason David "trade" he lost credibility. While we did give up 4th round compensation, he was a free agent signing. Not to be picky but if your site is footballexpert.com I expect you to be an expert.

I wouldnt be upset with the first two.

Since we didn't land Troupe, or trade for Shockey. I really think that actually could be our pick at 2. If Keller would be there it would be him, but I see him being snatched up at the end of the first. I would be happy with Davis in the 2nd if we went D in the first.

I am not feeling this draft at all. Once I read his comments about the Jason David "trade" he lost credibility. While we did give up 4th round compensation, he was a free agent signing. Not to be picky but if your site is footballexpert.com I expect you to be an expert.

it is a "trade" though.

I'll take that draft minus the kicker and replaced with a an olineman.

Dude!!! This is exactly what a majority of posters on this board believe and there are quite a few NFL analyst that think the same way. How did this guy lose respectability????

a full seven round mock has always been a joke to me. you can maybe get over fifty percent of the first round right, but after that it's all just whatever for every team. people who write this has way too much time on their hands. unless your name is kiper, you really should have better use of your life.

Cromartie - Trade back up for Laws #2 and #5 in '08 #4 in '09 - Zbikowski.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom