Theisman picks Steelers too. (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it doesn't really mean a thing, but I was surprised when I saw he had picked the Steelers to beat us. He's been in our corner the past few weeks.

With all the HBO boys, CBSsportsline folks, now Theisman, etc. picking the Steelers, (more to come, I'm sure...) I guess they've all bought in to Joey Porter's guarantee. :_rofl:

That's great. I'm sure our boys love being disrespected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

That's why they play the game.​

Last edited:
Have to tell you -- this game scares me -- the Steelers do not have that bad of a team -- certainly a better one than 2-6.

Personally I think this will be our toughest game to date -- its away -- Pittsburgh may be cold outside (something our guys certainly are not used to this year) -- Pittsburgh is desperate -- and have something to prove.

I think a win here speaks more than had we beaten baltimore at home

<p>All you have to do is look at the "last week" records of these so called experts.</p>
<p>These guys are't picking against the spread either. It's straight up picking winners.</p>
<p>They stink!</p>

This game scares me too and I am actually more happy that more analysts are picking the steelers. This will make our guys get on the feild with a bigger chip on their shoulder and give us a better chance to win.

With backup Charlie Batch this team would be 5-3. If Roethlisberger cuts down on TO's they have the edge. This is our first game in a cold climate this year and it's in there house. Eventually, Roth. has to pull out of this huge slump he's in, I just hope he waits a week. But knowing how soft our secondary is, I think this is the week.

We will need the "REAL" Reggie Bush to win this week.

I think everyone would be picking the Steelers this week no matter who they were playing in Pitt. I think everyone figures they're due if nothing else.

Have to tell you -- this game scares me -- the Steelers do not have that bad of a team -- certainly a better one than 2-6.

Personally I think this will be our toughest game to date -- its away -- Pittsburgh may be cold outside (something our guys certainly are not used to this year) -- Pittsburgh is desperate -- and have something to prove.

I think a win here speaks more than had we beaten baltimore at home

I understand your concern, but the more I look at Pitt, the more I think they're very beatable again this week.

1. Weather shouldn't be an issue - It's supposed to be around 50 with sunshine at game time.

2. I really like our match ups against their secondary - They've been burned big time, and as recently as last week. Plummer did it, and he's no Drew Brees.

3. Their O line is suspect. If we're able to keep pressure on Ben R., hopefully we can create turn overs. I just hpe Cowher doesn't yank him for Batch.

4. Payton - You've gotta believe that he's prepared. I.E. No "cute" plays this time for Reggie, and he's stressing disciplined, mistake free ball.

If we get up on them early, I think the game is over - because they are a melt down waiting to happen - SB champs or not.

Could be 100% wrong, but I believe if we don't turn the ball over and take what they give us, we win... with no "cute" plays.

Last edited:
Update. Peter King also takes the Steelers. This just keeps getting better and better. Their disrespect is like mana from heaven. If Dr. Z picks against us, I think I feel a guarantee coming on

Crazy. I never knew Mort picked us to win only once.

Does it matter who picks what team? :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom