Theismann (burning questions) MERGED 2X (1 Viewer)

As for all the bandwagon jumpin sportscasters/analysts/commentators, they have short term memory loss week in and week out. They ride the wave of the hot team that week. The fact that they even mention the Saints is a shock. Most of the times, they probably don't even watch the Saints games, but they surely have comments to make about it. I couldn't care less about what team(s) they are riding because it will change next week.

I couldnt agree more. Every week they love whoever the big winner for that week was. Week to week they make these huge sweeping statements and predictions that are totally forgot the very next week.

Umenyiora is out too. Don't know why or for how long, but it doesn't look good for them either. But hey, you never know what happens week to week.

And it's Theismann.

Remember, with the NFL pundits you are as good as your last game. Period.

I don't think the saints are as good to be considered favorites, but I don't see either any other team that can be considered the team to beat.

It will all depend of who gets hot at the right time. If not, think of the steelers of last year.

In response to the Bears loss, Joe Theismann picks his new favorite.

2. Who's the favorite now in the NFC?

Theismann: I think you have to take a look at the New Orleans Saints as the favorite in the NFC. We saw them play their second game against an opponent for the first time this season and instead of the Tampa Bay Bucs exposing flaws and finding a way to beat them, the Saints easily defeated the Bucs even without star receiver Joe Horn. The Saints' biggest flaw offensively is their occasional overreliance on getting Reggie Bush the ball. But the defense has played excellent this season, while quarterback Drew Brees is putting up an MVP-caliber season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2651366

I think the Giants will beat Chicago.. And Chicago has a VERY hard schedule coming up. in 3 weeks we will be a game ahead of Chicago, and the game in NY between us and the Giants will be for homefield.

Same guy who said that the Saints win on Monday night over the Falcons was based on emotion and don't look for the Saints in the playoffs anytime soon. All these so-called experts and analysts are starting to hop onto the Saints bandwagon b/c their early season predictions have flopped...they don't want to be the last analyst to admit just how good the Saints are. Theisman and Salisbury are tools.

Well, the Giants were without WR Plaxico Burress, CB Sam Madison, DE Osi Umenyiora, LB Brandon Short, and DE Michael Strahan went out in the first half. They were already with LB Lavar Arrington, who is out for the year I believe. If those guys are healthy, Houston is beat by at least 2 TDs.

I wish there was a devoted media person who's entire job it was to rip other media people's prognostications apart and expose them for the charlatans they are .

I wish there was a devoted media person who's entire job it was to rip other media people's prognostications apart and expose them for the charlatans they are .

Actually that would be a great job to have. Where do I sign?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom