Theismann (burning questions) MERGED 2X (1 Viewer)

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
5 Burning Questions per ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2651366

Here is one of them with one of the responses...

2. Who's the favorite now in the NFC?

Theismann: I think you have to take a look at the New Orleans Saints as the favorite in the NFC. We saw them play their second game against an opponent for the first time this season and instead of the Tampa Bay Bucs exposing flaws and finding a way to beat them, the Saints easily defeated the Bucs even without star receiver Joe Horn. The Saints' biggest flaw offensively is their occasional overreliance on getting Reggie Bush the ball. But the defense has played excellent this season, while quarterback Drew Brees is putting up an MVP-caliber season.

First it was the giants now us

Watch when chicago blows out NY they'll be jumping right back on their bandwagon

But it is nice to have some recongintion for once on espn

I don't think Chicago is going to blow out NY. I actually think that NY will beat them, the Giants are pretty well rounded this year. Unless CHI makes a qb change to Griese I don't see them doing too hot at the end of this year.

Early in the season, people kept talking about this "paper tiger" phenomenon. Now it's rather obvious that this label was misapplied to the Saints, when in fact it should have been affixed to Chicago.

They looked like crap against Arizona (!) and lucked out with a win. They played an only slightly better opponent in Miami yesterday, and got waxed. Once they play a quality opponent, the exposure will be complete.

I should point out that I do like Chicago's defense. They're fast and smart. Offensively, though, I'm not one bit sold on them. Rex Grossman is luckier than he is good. His luck ran out yesterday.

I also think that the Giants show long runs of inconsistency during games, for quarters at a time. I think they are very beatable, along with the Bears.

I don't think Chicago is going to blow out NY. I actually think that NY will beat them, the Giants are pretty well rounded this year. Unless CHI makes a qb change to Griese I don't see them doing too hot at the end of this year.

I'm not sure. Giants did have a hard time against Houston last night

Houston gave NY a great game. NY is the sexy team right now but I'll put my money on Seattle (once healthy) or the Saints in the long run. Maybe I'm just a homer though....

We don't need anyone picking us to win the NFC. Everytime the media picks us to do something good, we fail miserably. I hope they all say we reek and won't win 2 games out of the remaining 8.

>>Houston gave NY a great game. NY is the sexy team right now but I'll put my money on Seattle (once healthy) or the Saints in the long run. Maybe I'm just a homer though....

The Seahawks own the NFC West even with their injuries. They may be down for a few more weeks, but they're practically unbeatable with a healthy Alexander. Luckily for us, the Bears and the Giants, they're only 4-3 right now (2 1/2 behind the Giants and Saints, 3 behind the Bears). Seattle can be a very tough place to play, and they have given us matchup problems over the years.

TPS

If Urlacher and Berrian are injured enough and miss a significant amount of games, that could be the downfall of CHI.

As for all the bandwagon jumpin sportscasters/analysts/commentators, they have short term memory loss week in and week out. They ride the wave of the hot team that week. The fact that they even mention the Saints is a shock. Most of the times, they probably don't even watch the Saints games, but they surely have comments to make about it. I couldn't care less about what team(s) they are riding because it will change next week.

How ignorant is Joe? To reliant upon Bush for offense??

First it was the giants now us

Watch when chicago blows out NY they'll be jumping right back on their bandwagon

But it is nice to have some recongintion for once on espn

I think the Bears will be lucky to win 2 games of the next 3. I definitely think they will go 1-2 and possibly 0-3. They are not a very good road team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom