There are a lot of reasons why the Saints' 2013 season will be SPECIAL (1 Viewer)

Well I think it'll be an exciting yr. Here's the thing I'm afraid of. IF we go to the SB in NY, and we play an outside fielded team, chalk it up as a loss. I guarantee it. No dome team can win a SB on grass against a grass team. And if we play Peyton Manning and Denver (theyre the no. 1 SB pick this yr) I'm going to bet the farm on Denver to win. In order to win a SB, we HAVE to play a Dome team.

And no 13-3 team had ever won a Super Bowl up until the Saints did it..

with 3 losses at the end, records are made to be broken
Sorry, you're grasping for straws on this if you think a dome team can win on grass against a grass team in a SB. Its the same odds for a team to host its own SB. I dont know that number, but its a negative percentage.

Well I think it'll be an exciting yr. Here's the thing I'm afraid of. IF we go to the SB in NY, and we play an outside fielded team, chalk it up as a loss. I guarantee it. No dome team can win a SB on grass against a grass team. And if we play Peyton Manning and Denver (theyre the no. 1 SB pick this yr) I'm going to bet the farm on Denver to win. In order to win a SB, we HAVE to play a Dome team.

Why would you do that? P. Manning is usually a choke artist in the playoffs.

Why would you do that? P. Manning is usually a choke artist in the playoffs.
I totally agree he is, but since he's moved to Denver,regardless of choking last yr, it'd put them at a 99.9% chance of winnign the SB against us in NY. This is hypothetical and we both know he should choke in playoffs this yr. I just used it as an example since theyre the no. 1 pick.

Sorry, you're grasping for straws on this if you think a dome team can win on grass against a grass team in a SB. Its the same odds for a team to host its own SB. I dont know that number, but its a negative percentage.

You're saying basically the Saints have to play a dome AFC team to have any chance at winning the Super Bowl. If tha'ts the way you truly feel, you may as well not even bother watching the season then, because the chances of (a) the Saints getting there, AND (b) the opponent being a dome AFC team are extremely slim.

Literally, the Colts are pretty much the only option, right?

You're saying basically the Saints have to play a dome AFC team to have any chance at winning the Super Bowl. If tha'ts the way you truly feel, you may as well not even bother watching the season then, because the chances of (a) the Saints getting there, AND (b) the opponent being a dome AFC team are extremely slim.

Literally, the Colts are pretty much the only option, right?
Yes, thats basically what Im saying. I also stated IF they can win ALL of their away grass games OR win EVERY playoff game on the road to get their theyd have a decent shot. Its not just stats alone that say they dont have a great chance of winning, its actual physical evidence. For one, pressure AND cold weather together are no good for a team who's acclimated in a dome. Secondly, a dome team faces immense obstacles on grass considering theyre not accustomed to playing on it.

Im rooting for them and pulling for them to go, but if someone asked me if Id take a SB loss in NY over a 10-6 season and miss the play offs, Id take the 10-6. Reason being, is I dont want us there to lose it.
Second place only means you're the first loser.

For us to have a good chance, we HAVE TO HAVE a top 10 Defense going in. Period

No dome team can win a SB on grass against a grass team.

I guess you missed Super Bowl XLI. I guess you get a pass since it was all the way back in 2007, but anyway the Colts beat the Bears...on grass...in the rain. If the Saints can get back to a Super Bowl they can beat any team on any field under any conditions. The reason is simple, Drew Brees.

Im rooting for them and pulling for them to go, but if someone asked me if Id take a SB loss in NY over a 10-6 season and miss the play offs, Id take the 10-6. Reason being, is I dont want us there to lose it.

For us to have a good chance, we HAVE TO HAVE a top 10 Defense going in. Period

What fan would pick a less successful season over a more successful season? I'd rather be the "first loser" after losing a SB then be content with the saints' season ending shy of the playoffs.

Say what ? yeah, obviously I'm never gonna understand that one.

I guess you missed Super Bowl XLI. I guess you get a pass since it was all the way back in 2007, but anyway the Colts beat the Bears...on grass...in the rain. If the Saints can get back to a Super Bowl they can beat any team on any field under any conditions. The reason is simple, Drew Brees.
:covri: I was researching certain subjects pertaining to SBs and an article was written on it. Surprisingly I hadnt noticed when the article was written. It was Jan. 2006. Following yr, Colts win the big one. lol Next time I'll insure the articles are written as closely to dat as possible before posting info.

It's the month of May!!..........................why is ANYONE talking about the Super Bowl already??

Your post through this thread are about the most negative I've seen here in a while. :jpshakehead:

Maybe its just me, but these threads show up before just about every season. Every season someone has a special feeling. We're all excited about the season, and we're all hopeful that we have a great season. But I've personally learned to curb my enthusiasm and watch how things pan out.

Yes every year there is a thread like this, and every year the 2nd post on that thread usually tries to bring the OP down a notch lol :hihi:

But i'm with the OP on this one. This is the same core of players from the 2011 team that went 13-3. 2012 doesnt even count. All of the stats and basically everything that happened in 2012 should not even be allowed to be discussed on this forum. It is all irrelevant. That was NOT the Saints that we saw out there on the field in 2012.

So what i do is i look back at 2011 and i ask, what have we added or lost since 2011?

since that 13-3 season, we have added Lofton, Hawthorne, Bunkley, Hicks, Butler, Lewis, Vaccaro, Watson, Grubbs, Armstead, Smith, and many more..

Who have we lost? Ellis (bust), Nicks (replaced with Grubbs), Johnny Patrick (who cares), Tracy Porter (meh), Jolonn Dunbar (ok that one stings a bit), Meachem (replaced with Morgan, Toon and Stills).

As you can see, we have gained MUCH more than we have lost since 2011.

So if you ask me, this was a 13-3 team BEFORE free agency even began this offseason. We are even more loaded now than we were in 2011. Plus we have a chip on our shoulder. The OP is spot on, this year is gonna be SPECIAL.

That would make it a pretty freakin good year.

Who would beat us other than maybe Denver or the Patsies?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom