There are reports that Felix Jones will... (2 Viewers)

REALCHRISM

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
declare today at a press conference. Pretty interesting. While it won't likely affect who we're able to get at #10, it does add to the plethora of running backs already coming out. You now have McFadden, Mendenhall, Slaton, Jones, Rice, Smith, Stewart, Charles, and Davis. And that does not include the seniors like Forte and Johnson who are going to be in the mix. While I would be reluctant to invest a high draft choice in a RB, a guy like Jones intrigues you because of his return ability. But I think we have other needs and might better be served getting help in the return game in the mid to late rounds with a guy like Kevin Robinson or Donnie Avery.

This is turning out to be more of a draft where teams with needs on the offensive side of the ball stand to do well than teams with defensive needs. Don't get me wrong, there's some defensive talent in this draft to be had but it is not top heavy, particularly at positions where we need to inject talent into our defense.

It's funny. No one wants to play for the new coach.

Perhaps they would prefer a couple million dollars rather than play college ball????????
I know I would.
McFadden will get at least 12 million gauranteed. (picked from 1-5 easily)
Jones 1-10 in the second round, 1.5 million gauranteed.
JMHO

I don't know that McFadden is a lock as a top 5 now. He had that fight not too long ago, then the rumors of taking payments (which largely disappeared but after Reggie Bush you wonder if they'll stay disappeared) and most importantly, the fact that this draft is L O A D E D at running back.

I don't know that McFadden is a lock as a top 5 now. He had that fight not too long ago, then the rumors of taking payments (which largely disappeared but after Reggie Bush you wonder if they'll stay disappeared) and most importantly, the fact that this draft is L O A D E D at running back.

Right. I happen to believe that Rashad Mendenhall might be better than McFadden.

Good point...

Why spend a top 5 (or top 10) pick on a RB, when you can still get a really good one later?

It might drop his stock a little but I don't think anything below 10-15 (I just hope if he is there for us we trade back or we have a HUGE offseason and there are no holes left to fill). There are many team in the top 15 that could use RB help (Jets, New England, Denver, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit). I still don't see him falling past that 15 spot, however right now I do see him going top 10. The one thing (like you mentioned) that hurts a player like McFadden is the depth. Some teams in the top 5 might pass on him because they feel like a guy like Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Stewart, Ray Rice, Kevin Smith, Steve Slaton etc might not grade much below McFadden and be there in the 2nd when they pick.

Also as far as Felix Jones go, I think he might sneak into the 1st round. I think it all depends on what he does in his workouts. I think he definitly has 1st round talent. And there are plenty of teams on the backside of this draft that might need help at RB.

Shaun King said something interesting about McFadden today, said all his best runs were plays on the outside. Kinda like another popular #5 from earlier this decade.

haha Theres too much talent at Rb on the board so i think he goes between 10-20 and i think he will be a bust....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom