There are several candidates to look for, no rush please! (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This may be the most important signing of Sean Payton since getting Darren Sharper.

I prefer to delay the decision a little and have a good look or what it is around:

Stanford's Derek Mason, Notre Dame's Bob Diaco, Patriot's Pepper Johnson, Steelers' Keith Butler, all interesting candidates.

It's not only managing a defense, is building a structure of players and coaches, with a strong philosophy and scheme that can be passed once our succesful coordinator leaves to be a head coach somewhere. This is what we should be waiting for!

I would hire Keith Butler, but I think there's an understanding that when LaBeau retires, the DC at Pittsburgh is his. I don't think he would even agree to interview.

It seems our options are very limited, I dont think it will be Crennel because do we have to pickup the KC tab and a new contract for him if we hire him?

It seems Niners dont want us talking to there guys, which I find odd.

And the GA D Coach seems he isnt leaving after an unsucessful bout in the NFL.

I guess other then some coach on another team, were stuck with Ryan??

This may be the most important signing of Sean Payton since getting Darren Sharper.

I prefer to delay the decision a little and have a good look or what it is around:

Stanford's Derek Mason, Notre Dame's Bob Diaco, Patriot's Pepper Johnson, Steelers' Keith Butler, all interesting candidates.

It's not only managing a defense, is building a structure of players and coaches, with a strong philosophy and scheme that can be passed once our succesful coordinator leaves to be a head coach somewhere. This is what we should be waiting for!

I'm about 1000% certain that Payton has done his due diligence and, given that he fired Spanulolo just after he got back, that he has been considering and eliminating defensive coordinator candidates long before he was reinstated. And I'm pretty sure that he knows that "It's not only managing a defense, is building a structure of players and coaches, with a strong philosophy and scheme that can be passed once our succesful coordinator leaves to be a head coach somewhere."

It seems our options are very limited, I dont think it will be Crennel because do we have to pickup the KC tab and a new contract for him if we hire him?

No, all we would have to pay is his contract. KC on the other hand would not have to keep paying him.

No, all we would have to pay is his contract. KC on the other hand would not have to keep paying him.

We'd only have to pay part of his salary unless he was to get $3.5M/yr. as a coordinator, which I just don't see happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom