There be (possible) aliens! (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have isolated and reconstructed the signal - it's the theme song from Simon & Simon.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Meh. I suppose it would be cool if true...until we realized any response would take 100 years to get to them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
While interesting, I must admit the part of the article that really caught my attention was the conference in which they will discuss this also will be where Elon Musk reveals Mars colonization plans. I admit my extreme interest in that.

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
While interesting, I must admit the part of the article that really caught my attention was the conference in which they will discuss this also will be where Elon Musk reveals Mars colonization plans. I admit my extreme interest in that.
Yup, and add Tabby's star, Nasa's titan/europa plans, EU moonbase, and James Webb. It's an exciting time for space exploration.

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLV4_xaYynY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Notice that the signal was discovered by the Russians in May 2015, "but kept secret from the international community."

Reality is just like in the movies. Our first concern, as nations, remains whether a discovery in space could be used on Earth in any geo-strategic way. Then, the science comes second.

Though I'm not sure if the same thing would have happened in the Western countries. I believe that many of these deep-space research projects are multi-layered collaborations among governments (including grants and defense contracts), universities, NGOs, and individuals. Would there have been a call to the Pentagon before this went public (at least within the Western SETI science community) had it been discovered at the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia? I'm not sure.

Stealth Matrix

King of Wingdings
Reaction score
Wish we had a way to send signals faster than light, at least. It'd kinda be cool for our planet to have an intergalactic pen pal as long as they don't acquire a taste for human.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DerrickB N/S Nick Bosa possible serious injury Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12