There be (possible) aliens! (1 Viewer)

They have isolated and reconstructed the signal - it's the theme song from Simon & Simon.

Meh. I suppose it would be cool if true...until we realized any response would take 100 years to get to them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

While interesting, I must admit the part of the article that really caught my attention was the conference in which they will discuss this also will be where Elon Musk reveals Mars colonization plans. I admit my extreme interest in that.

While interesting, I must admit the part of the article that really caught my attention was the conference in which they will discuss this also will be where Elon Musk reveals Mars colonization plans. I admit my extreme interest in that.

Yup, and add Tabby's star, Nasa's titan/europa plans, EU moonbase, and James Webb. It's an exciting time for space exploration.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLV4_xaYynY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice that the signal was discovered by the Russians in May 2015, "but kept secret from the international community."

Reality is just like in the movies. Our first concern, as nations, remains whether a discovery in space could be used on Earth in any geo-strategic way. Then, the science comes second.

Though I'm not sure if the same thing would have happened in the Western countries. I believe that many of these deep-space research projects are multi-layered collaborations among governments (including grants and defense contracts), universities, NGOs, and individuals. Would there have been a call to the Pentagon before this went public (at least within the Western SETI science community) had it been discovered at the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia? I'm not sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom