There is a new term that the national media is using about us....Fragile (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard it 3 times this week by different media types.

They claim that our defense is weak and we were exposed by the Ravens. that is how they are coming up with fragile.

fragile wasn't the right word to use last sunday. It won't be a cake walk but this team can do it if they believe in each other.

I heard it 3 times this week by different media types.

They claim that our defense is weak and we were exposed by the Ravens. that is how they are coming up with fragile.

The Ravens?? Didn't they score 14 points on defense and have a lucky tip at the end of the first half? I don't get how the Ravens supposedly have a potent offense now that BB is calling the offense when it's their defense scoring all of the points?

Well, I agree with them to an extent. The only game so far that the Saints just seemed to completely dominate was the home opener. In all the other games, they could have gone either way, wins and losses.
How many of us feel completely confident that we have won the game till the clock is at 0, and the players are heading for the tunnel? In myself, I know it comes from so many heartbreakers. How many games have we, as Saint fans watched where the team dominated the first half, only to come out flat, and crap out in the end?
Now, I do believe this is "not yo daddys Saints", and the probability of this happening is much less, but still, every game is a pickem so far. I mean, look at this one, at Pitt. They are 2-6, and still favored at home.
We should be a touchdown favorite, why aren't we? I feel we will get the W, but, the handicappers are usually pretty close.

That said, it sure makes watching the games fun. I love the adrenelin rush, the suspense, and the joy at the gun when the scoreboard shows a win for us!
JMHO

Well, I agree with them to an extent. The only game so far that the Saints just seemed to completely dominate was the home opener. In all the other games, they could have gone either way, wins and losses.

But isn't that true in most NFL games. The difference is talent except at the extreme ends of the scale is small. Games are won and loss on a few plays, penalties, TO's, etc.

The reason I feel so good about this team is not the talent -- which I think is very good on the offensive side and medicore on teh defensive side -- but the coaching. Mistakes have been minimized and players are put in a position to contibute to wins.

The results are evident.

I don't the defense is fragile but I think the talent is thin.

Comin' to you across country
Hoping boogies still allowed
You ask do we play heavy music
Well are thunderheads just another cloud, we do
Not Fragile, straight at you

Then we vanish to the night
Still in your ears but out of sight
Not Fragile

Don't think we feel hurt or wounded
Or our egos are showing thru
It's our world that's been disrupted
And our strength reflects from you
Well its true
Not Fragile, over you

Try us when you're getting down
Feelin' high or just hangin' round
Not Fragile

The times we travel in our lives
Are hard and give us drive
We may seem distant most of the time
But many thoughts are still on our minds
Not Fragile

:ylsuper:

Bachman-Turner%20Overdrive%20-%20Not%20Fragile%20%28Mercury%20SRM-1-1004%29.jpg

Last edited:
How many of us feel completely confident that we have won the game till the clock is at 0, and the players are heading for the tunnel? In myself, I know it comes from so many heartbreakers. How many games have we, as Saint fans watched where the team dominated the first half, only to come out flat, and crap out in the end?
Now, I do believe this is "not yo daddys Saints", and the probability of this happening is much less, but still, every game is a pickem so far. I mean, look at this one, at Pitt. They are 2-6, and still favored at home.
We should be a touchdown favorite, why aren't we? I feel we will get the W, but, the handicappers are usually pretty close.

That said, it sure makes watching the games fun. I love the adrenelin rush, the suspense, and the joy at the gun when the scoreboard shows a win for us!
JMHO
As far as not knowing if we would win until the clock said zero.....There are a lot of teams that could say that also.

The handicappers are assumimg the PB turnover situation is an abberation....hopefully its not.

I guess the same can be said about the Bears too, right. They got their (mod edit: profanity) handed to them by a very bad Miami football team. I mean, come on guys.........the only team that really dominated us was a very good Ravens team and that game was clearly our worst performance of the season. My point is this; it's going to happen to every team in the NFL because that's why the games are played. People just have good and bad days on the football field just like life. What really matters is that you have more good ones than bad ones at the end of the season! GO SAINTS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the same thing....which is interesting. I heard one "expert" comment on ESPN radio (Schlereth?) that the Saints are one injury away from being a bad team...?.....Ummmm, in the modern NFL that is true for EVERY team. Imagine the Colts without Manning, the Atlanta Vicks without Vick, the Panthers without Steve Smith. So all this "fragile" talk is just garbage. The Saints came out and laid an egg after the Bye week against the Ravens. Instead of coming out just as sloppy the following week against the Bucs they came out sharp and dominated. That is not a "fragile" team......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom