There is a possibility Bills win (1 Viewer)

I think a lot of people on this board are REALLY underestimating this Bills team....

A few are, but I think a lot of us are looking forward to (hoping) that this D will put a clamp down on a good offense. I'm waiting with baited breath to see it. I don't really want to see a shootout , but a well played smashmouth game :mwink:

Great to have some fans who are knowledgeable and realistic. The fact is the Saints should be able to go in and prevail, but the Bills are a tough team with those skill positions that can score some points AND keep the Saints and Brees off the field.
This is absolutely no gimme, with the 'hostile' crowd, a team that is playing with pride and possible winds and wet weather. This game will IMO hinge on turnovers. If the Saints to not commit any or if the Saints pick up two or three like the last couple of weeks it could wind up a large margin. If on the other hand, we lay the ball on the ground and give the Bills more opportunities and a short field, it could be a long day.
Can't wait until Sunday.

The rain and cover 2 scare me . I still believe the Saints pull out the win though. I believe like a few have posted that this is our barometer game .

On a side note Brees said you never know who's week it's going to be so I predict .
Evans has another highlight play , Jenkins makes another big play on ST . Just like the 2 previous weeks .
Shockey and Colston had there big game and I think this one will go to Reggie . On defense Fujita gets to do his samuri bow!

One thing opposing fans keep getting wrong is their assesment of the Saints defense. Niether the Lions nor the Eagels "gave" the Saints those turnovers, they TOOK them.

That is the thing that turns these games into blowouts. Saints secondary has some talent.

Beware of that Bills fans. Saints offense has been deadly, but it's the defense making these games have Madden like numbers.

Saints offense + Opposing teams turnovers = Madden on rookie (in Saints favor).

I don't think the Saints will underestimate the Bills. It should be a good game. But I think we pull it out by 2 scores.

RedWhite&Bills said:
I don't think the Saints will underestimate the Bills. It should be a good game. But I think we pull it out by 2 scores.

Maybe 2 FGs, but not 2 TDs...I can't see that happening

Rewatch either of our last 2 games and you'll see it happening.

One thing opposing fans keep getting wrong is their assesment of the Saints defense. Niether the Lions nor the Eagels "gave" the Saints those turnovers, they TOOK them.

That is the thing that turns these games into blowouts. Saints secondary has some talent.

Beware of that Bills fans. Saints offense has been deadly, but it's the defense making these games have Madden like numbers.

Saints offense + Opposing teams turnovers = Madden on rookie (in Saints favor).

I'm glad to see someone else make this point. This offense is not that much more potent than years' previous. It's the defense giving them extra the opportunities in good field position.

I for some reason think this game will be pretty darn close. We are getting a little gimpy on offense. This may potentially be a game that our defense will have to bail us out.

For the last few days thay have been mentioning Brees' non-throwing arm, and have him listed as probable.

Our running game may suffer a little with Reggie possibly being the featured back uness he utilizes the point A to point B (no juking) approach. Remember, Thomas is not fully recovered yet, with no indication as to how far he is. Hamilton may be getting more carries that Thomas, we'll just to wait and see.

A close game (3 points or less), late in the 4th quarter worries me. With Taylor, Evans, & TO out there, no doubt they will be able to get into "game winning" field goal position.

I would love to say I see us at 3 & 0 Monday, but the pessimistic side of me see our beloved Saints at 2 & 1 Monday. Then the Falcons fans will be all over this site as well as all the othertboards talking mucho smack.

Of course, the Bills can win: The Vegas spread is less than seven.

Look, in the NFL, parity reigns. The Saints are playing on the road, perhaps in bad weather that favors Buffalo, against a team that has some talent and should be undefeated.

Now I happen to think the Saints will win. The only people who think that the Saints are looking past Buffalo because the Jets come to town on October 4 are New York based reporters. And I am tempted to say that the story of the game will be Buffalo's problems with its offensive line and Gregg Williams having his defense ready to play.

But I am expecting a good game and a Buffalo win would be a surprise, but not be a huge upset.

And this was a road game I was thinking seriously about making. Given the weather forecasts, I suppose I am glad I didn't take the plunge, though I would like to see a game in Buffalo.

On ANY given Sunday , Monday or sometimes Thursday ANY team can take another.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating ( at least to myself) "The FOOTBALL is shaped FUNNY!" If can and does bounce in some really arbitrary ways and the reason I came up with that is, during my betting days when I was pretty successful, of course there wasn't so much Free Agent turnovers as today, I would have a game wrapped up and then there would be a bad snap or a fumble or a tipped ball or a bad call or any number of things which either ruined my spread or the whole score or momentum of the game! I've just about seen it all and had it happen to my money! THAT's when you watch these games with the most intense of interest, is when you've got your rent riding on the outcome or what you may eat that week or whatever. So YES, the Bill most certainly CAN win this Sunday at their house but WILL they? IMHO, NO! Why? Because they are playing a TEAM which is playing so well together right now, it's hard to imagine just how cranked up they feel about themselves and each other and, of course, the schemes the Coaches are producing.
So, given the shape of the ball, anything can happen but I'd drop a couple of croakers on The SAINTS -6 in a heartbeat and let the ball fall where it may!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom