There is enough film available for us to trade back from no. 15 (1 Viewer)

I still think left tackle is the way to go if a pick is there. Honestly, if I was an NFL GM, I'd only draft O-line and CB's in the first round. They're your most expensive players, they never hit FA and with the rookie wage scale, you can have them cheap for 5 years.

Saints are the masters of drafted probowl caliber Olinemen in the later rounds of a draft ......We dont need to get a Left tackle in the 1st round ...

Saints are the masters of drafted probowl caliber Olinemen in the later rounds of a draft ......We dont need to get a Left tackle in the 1st round ...

Yea but u can't expect that to work every draft. Charles Brown rarely sees the field n Marcel Jones hasn't even sniffed the field yet. Personally, I hope we come outta the 1st round with either Jordan, Ogletree or Mingo but if Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson are available then I think we should strongly consider taking 1 of em

I doubt any DB in this class will look that much better than we already have with this poo pass wush.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yea but u can't expect that to work every draft. Charles Brown rarely sees the field n Marcel Jones hasn't even sniffed the field yet. Personally, I hope we come outta the 1st round with either Jordan, Ogletree or Mingo but if Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson are available then I think we should strongly consider taking 1 of em

Charles Brown cant stay healthy ..... What can anyone do .... Even Marcel Jones was on IR ...

It will all depend on who is available, plain and simple. So, we can't say right now what the front office will do.

If someone is there at #15 that will make an instanct impact on our defense, they will grab him. If there are multiple options for us there, then we will look to trade down and pick up an extra pick. If no one will trade with us, then we pick the best impact player right there at #15.

So, that is basically it. We can say what we want all day long, but that is the scenario, and it won't happen until it happens.

You still need linebackers. To me Galette still looks like a backup. A good one.

Tez can start at any position and is even better than Galette rushing the QB.

So you have 2 solid starters at LB in Tez and Lofton and after that it gets messy. And you need depth.

That's why I like a guy like Dion Jordan who can rush well and cover well. Put him at either OLB position and he'll do well.

Doesn't make sense to trade back for a less valuable position.

your forgetting Hawthorne who was one of the better LB's in the NFL prior to Spags scheme.

Casillias is a good backup. So is Herring.

And I GREATLY disagree with you on Gallete.

Did u watch the great 49ers defense get killed in the Super Bowl without a pass rush. Smh

Did you not see the Ravens using 6 sometimes 7 to block (if you include the RB) while the niners DB's were getting torched? Niners run an entirely different coverage scheme then Rob Ryan also. That defense is built on run support and pass rush. Not keeping up with a WR core that has guys running the 40 in 4.3 and have hands of glue.

the closest scheme your gonna have to compare us to defensively is the Jets or cowboys.

and heres the similarity about both of those two teams. Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan always focus on secondary. Rex put together Revis and Cromartie, who are complete monsters in the passing game. When the defense fails, it fails against the run or because of under neath throws against the linebackers. In Robs first year with the cowboys, the pass rush was there but the secondary couldn't handle the man coverage, so Jerry went out and got Rob an excellent duo of cornerbacks. Injuries on defense and Romo combined made Rob look worse then it really was.

I hope whatever happens with this draft, they don't trade some of next year's picks for something...

We need a full year's draft picks for once

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom