There is no room on the bus (1 Viewer)

GhostFace

Boom Box
Reaction score
I work with a lot of Saints haters who have been giving me grief for a long time. I am talking about people who approach a conversation as if they are "fans" but really just want to tell me negative things, make jokes at the Saints expense and basically do what I call "dry hating." Now they are slowly trying to get on the bandwagon, buddy up with me, and appear positive. Some people who talk about football all off season suddenly don't speak about football any more. It is so awesome. The real Saints fans all know who we are and we all know who the secret haters are. First, there is no room on my Saints bus. Those tickets sold out a few years ago and no one is allowed on but those who are legit fans. Secondly, I have been cool so far and generally just excited but if we beat the Giants I am going to make those haters hate me. I am about to shift gears into pure cockiness and trash talking. How can Cowboys fans even exist in La unless you moved from Texas? I hate these dudes and I am going to make them pay for the verbal torment they have given my crew of work fans. Kool Aid hearts scared to commit emotion to a struggling franchise and now they want in. Sorry guys, not only is the bus full, but I am about to run you over with it, back up and run you over again. I might even peel out on your pride.:hihi:

yep, I was telling all the Cowgirls fans that I work with that the Saints have a chance to be a really good team this year.
They just shook their heads and kept on about how great the 'Girls were gonna be now that they got rid of TO.
I told them this during training camp, they are keeping their traps shut these days. :ezbill:

yeah I love watching them shut up. I hate the people the most though, who say things like "Oh I am a fan, I always pull for them, but they will never win, they always find a way to blow it, same old saints" and that kind of stuff. I had to be rude to my boss because he told me after the second game to "not get excited, he has been watching the saints for years, blah blah blah" I had to say "don't talk to me like you know something about the Saints that I don't. I have been watching them for years too, I know every player's name, practice squad names, and the past has no relevance scientifically."

Let me guess, these people you're speaking of were once, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys and Patriots' fans? I know the same people, small world.

I 100% agree. I get tired of people talking negative. Like the recent post of we are not the same caliber as the Giants! I am so tired of hearing negativity or cautious optimism because people say, "I am just tired getting let down by the Saints." If you are a true Saints fan than you are going to supportive and posititve year in and year out no matter how good or bad they play.

Who's the hater now?

There is no stopping time or tides or people lookin for revenge man.This happens to every team that gets good. Except the Cardinals. I dunno whats up with them. It may be too hot in Phoenix to get properly huffy.

Anyway if we win the super Bowl our fanbase might very well do a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde transformation the way the Red sox fanbase did after 2004. Before they were knowledgable lovable losers who hated their rivals but were generally classy. Afterward they became loud mouthed bullies flinging poo at every other team and annointing their team Champions before the playoffs started. They even eat their own young, despising any fan who wasnt a fan before 2003. Its kinda sad and the only thing that brought em back down to earth were the Manny/Big Pappi steroid news and the Rays surprise season last year. Hopefully if they win a WS this year they can act like theyve been there before.

Id hope that Red Sox thing wont happen to us but I see warning signs everywhere. How do you act like you know how to win if you've never done it before?

Seeing negative stuff about our team on other teams' message boards is funny. But when friends/co-workers who are so called "fans" keep doubting "this" and "that" about the team is aggrevating. You can tell they don't dig deep about the improvements of this team.

Couple months going into the season. "So what you think about this new defensive coordinator?" "I don't know, I keep on hearing he's some kinda miracle worker, but I don't buy into the hype." Obviously you haven't read in too much about it as it happened. Williams clearly stated several times that "I'm not a miracle worker" and it's really up to the players themselves to make a difference. And "buying into the hype"? This wasn't a hyped up ordeal, just a man coming in with a solid and proven resume. Some people just don't read up on that.

Couple days before Eagles game, "Saints are in trouble this week!" What trouble? We had no trouble lighting it up against the Lions in week 1. Even though it's the Lions we beat, what did you see in that game that can put us in serious trouble against the Eagles? And didn't you hear McNabb isn't starting, so we kinda have a "free pass".

Going into Bills game, "Saints don't do well on the road." Quit living in last year's season. Didn't we just light it up against the Eagles on the road?

Into Jets game, "Defense better not give up any big plays!" Have you forgotten we're playing a rookie? Our team is red-hot after two road victories. Our defense shutted down the Bills on the road. Their team is coming into our hostile environment. And somehow you still have the mindset of our defense giving up "big plays"?!!?

Now the Giants in two weeks. "Saints always lose after bye weeks." "Giants are the most dominant team in the league, best run and pass defense, Saints have to be on their A-game like no one's business". Okay, I'll give a pass on the Same Ol' Saints Syndrome. But crowning the Giants without even looking at the poor teams they've played so far? Making it seem like the Saints haven't been on "their A-game" at all???

I can make points as to why other teams should fear the Saints more, but I know I will get berated by the "fans" that live in the past. It's like I'm the bad guy who can't bring up any valid points.

You know these type of fans will jump on the "full-steam bandwagon" in the middle of the season and act like they never doubted the Saints at all.

But it's fans like you and me who saw something special brewing in the off-season, that the possibilities of "our year" is really coming, and that this 4-0 start is really not that surprising, just something to be proud of cause we knew the team could do it.

When Payton went from 10-6 to 7-9 in one year, a lot of people wanted to throw him out of town. Reminded everyone about Haslett. But only a few of us believed that Payton would get it right in 2 or 3 years. And now we are looking at the Saints as an upper-echelon team for the next 2 or 3 years atleast. Just gotta have faith people.

I don't mind who's on the bus so much as I do who's driving.

bear.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom