There is no way we are as bad as preseason looked (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It just isn't logical. The defense is better. Not great, maybe not even average, but definitely better. And on offense, we upgraded WR and TE, and have solid RB and QB. The OL wasn't great last year, but we did put up prolific production so I look for the O to show up next Sunday.

I'm not claiming Superbowl run, but if the injury bug doesn't get us (we are very thin), I think we are sniffing 9 or 10 wins.

How do we know the Defense is better? It's not about hype coming from training camp or how it looks on paper it's about how it plays.

And if anything we have downgraded on WR. Yes we have added Thomas who looks the real deal but we also lost Colston. A huge veteran presence and Brees favourite target for the past God knows how long.

It's easy to say we've upgraded this and that but we don't know that until game day and so far it's looking like we've gotten worse.

If you are saying that we will not go 0-16 in the regular season, I agree.

If we're this listless during the regular season, we as fans will be throwing in the towel by the bye week.

Aside from the Texans game, we really didn't see our starters out there more than 1 quarter. Then it was a mix-match of personnel with a lot of attention to situations and not the game itself.

I would say that we have a quality starting unit, but not much depth in areas (especially o-line). So if we can stay healthy we could have a pretty good season.

If we start having injury trouble we will be in some trouble.

We are as bad, but game planning and coaching will make us look better for some teams, just wish we had more OL talent

How do we know the Defense is better? It's not about hype coming from training camp or how it looks on paper it's about how it plays.

And if anything we have downgraded on WR. Yes we have added Thomas who looks the real deal but we also lost Colston. A huge veteran presence and Brees favourite target for the past God knows how long.

It's easy to say we've upgraded this and that but we don't know that until game day and so far it's looking like we've gotten worse.

Colston did nothing last year on the field outside of maybe four games and most of them were goal line TDs.

And injuries will happen. NFL is a violent sport. CTE is all the rage and they are trying to take football away from kids under 12. There is no way there won't be injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom