There may be life after 2018. (1 Viewer)

These threads, man, these threads really show why we are such a special group of fans. You know, like so many, was it just over for me after that game. But it’s not about us and not about the league, it’s about OUR team. OUR GUYS, they are soldiering on and working hard to make this the best season yet. It’s why we all have come back. Because at the end of the day, our passion for the players and team, it’s why we are here. As bad as last season was, it’s like a family member that had it go down, we all went with it, but damned if we aren’t gonna be there to prop them up and help them succeed.

Over it yet or not, one thing remains, we can stay mad for our own reasons or move past to help support the players that have given us so much joy. We are all here for a reason.

We have all had horrible things happen in instances of our lives. We move on. And that is what the saints are doing and what we should do if we want to support our guys.

It’s time we invest more than ever. Absolutely all we have. Now is that time. WHO DAT

The no call was indisputably an injustice, but one which lives in the bubble of sports world.

In the 'real' world there are many more serious injustices which put the no call in the appropriate perspective.

It still sucks, but the edge has been taken off.

I will not dwell on "the game that must not be named". It's been done to death on this board and I'm glad to see that most people have mourned and finally moved on.

I feel your pain (in my best Bill Clinton voice). I retreated to the EE board and rarely visited SSF during the off-season.

I've visited here more since training camp started. It's nice to see optimism coming back here and it is contagious.

I watched some of the fantasy football marathon on ESPN yesterday. We were in the top ten in all of the offensive skill positions. Brees, Kamara, Thomas, and Cook.

Our O-line is looking good. The news on McCoy is all good.

Our Defense was rated top ten by some people.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's good to be back home.

I hear you. It's been a long road to travel. In some sense while it certainly isn't life or death it's been like a real life "loss". I've struggled as well but continued to move forward as we are winding down the final years of what may be the best QB in our history and maybe of all-time going forward.

I've written before that last season took something out of me. I've been a fan for nearly 45 years but something happened that's been tough to shake. I'm not nearly as excited as I've been even after coming off of a say 3-13 year. I'm shaken...but we WhoDat's move on. We will be there to support our team.

I think it took us all varying amounts of time to come back.

For me, it was free agency and the thought of what Cook could do in this offense. The moment it was reported we were bringing him in for a visit, I was back in full force.

Last year will never *not* feel like we got robbed. But if we can win a SB this year and send Drew out right, I’d feel a lot better.

I'm back in the sense that I can watch games and hang out here on the SSF.

But the NBA has permanently passed the NFL in my ranking of favorite professional sports.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom