There wereso many great songs in the 70's and 80's. But perhaps the greatest song was (1 Viewer)

Well, I'm on a Beatles kick now and having just watched the opening ceremonies yesterday morning ... "Imagine" by John Lennon

Well, I'm on a Beatles kick now and having just watched the opening ceremonies yesterday morning ... "Imagine" by John Lennon
was looking for a cover of Across the Universe (maybe The Beatles best covered song), but stumbled on Jon Baptiste covering Black Bird
and since jazz has been mentioned in several threads...

I know it's not the 70's, but imo his best song was a day in the life.

was looking for a cover of Across the Universe (maybe The Beatles best covered song), but stumbled on Jon Baptiste covering Black Bird
and since jazz has been mentioned in several threads...

Oooh. Yeah, love Black Bird. Only have McLachlan on my playlist, though. I don't go for the atonal jazz stuff, but that's some talented piano playing

Oooh. Yeah, love Black Bird. Only have McLachlan on my playlist, though. I don't go for the atonal jazz stuff, but that's some talented piano playing
He's has a lot of faults as a human being ,but this how you play the piano

Let he amongst us who has not married our 13 year old cousin cast the first stone.
Yeah, that disgusts me thinking about it. I have to give him credit though. He introduced to the world the piano can be used as a rock and roll instrument

Yeah, that disgusts me thinking about it. I have to give him credit though. He introduced to the world the piano can be used as a rock and roll instrument

Yeah, i dont have much room to talk though, since i am kin to JLL.. actually , there are three famous cousins from the small town of Ferriday, LA- Lewis, the preacher Jimmy Swaggert and country singer Mickey Gilley… my grandmother grew up with Mickey, they were first cousins … it has always amazed me how such a tiny dot on the map place like Ferriday could produce not one, but three famous (and infamous) individuals.

Yeah, i dont have much room to talk though, since i am kin to JLL.. actually , there are three famous cousins from the small town of Ferriday, LA- Lewis, the preacher Jimmy Swaggert and country singer Mickey Gilley… my grandmother grew up with Mickey, they were first cousins … it has always amazed me how such a tiny dot on the map place like Ferriday could produce not one, but three famous (and infamous) individuals.
I may get banned for this,but this reminded of one of the greatest jokes . What is the difference between Tom Sawyer and Jimmy Swaggart? One snatches watches and the other watches snatches

The greatest song ever is: Fat Bottomed Girls!!
I personally would have said Bohemian Rhapsody, but FBG is a great one too.

For me, the aforementioned Bohemian Rhapsody, as well as Freebird, and Carry On My Wayward Son, jump to the head of the list.

In the early 70's my dad was stationed in Pascagoula and we attended a Baptist church there. I don't remember much about it but when Ray Stevens came out with that song I busted out laughing. Still like it but don't often hear it anymore. I really need to get a copy of his hits albums for form memory stick. He he alot of great comedy songs and even a few standard type stuff that showed he actually had a good voice. (Every thing is Beautiful is one).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom